Dumpvalve chatter

cossiej23

Member +
Im running a hks ssqv dumpvalve but im bit bored with way it sounds,any1 no any cheap dumpvalves that make a chatter noise like the blitz do

rb69

Member +
You should be able to adjust the SSQV to make a chatter sound. Put it on a hard setting.

Fro

Member +
Wouldnt advise meshing the turbo but thats just my opinion. If its adjustable just screw right in so the bov wont open and it will chatter. Or take it off and plug the hole!

cossiej23

Member +
Wouldnt advise meshing the turbo but thats just my opinion. If its adjustable just screw right in so the bov wont open and it will chatter. Or take it off and plug the hole!

Tried plugging it,didnt make much of a chatter sound

Fro

Member +
There nt adjustable,hav had it apart

Take it off and plug the hole and the vac line that goes on the back. You should have a search for chatter though and make up your own mind about it, lots of arguments on whether or not its bad for your turbo

durmz

Member +
if ure ssqv isnt adjustable its either missing the bolt or its fake.

chatter happens when u partially block the escape of gases, that sound is air pushing back on the compressor, not the dump valve itself

cossiej23

Member +

chatter happens when u partially block the escape of gases, that sound is air pushing back on the compressor, not the dump valve itself

Mine is a real 1,if u google it and check with hks u will realise the real ones arent adjustable,all u can do is change the wee plastic fin at frnt but i checked this out and it doesnt make much of a diff

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Found mine chattered a hell of alot more once i relocated the filter. Mine only does it when boost is slightly built up & then foot is released from the accelerator..

Fro

Member +

What about the likes of these ones that arent adjustable? My Mate had a couple for his supra like these.
http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk/pdetails.asp?ID=100864645

Why wouldnt he be getting much chatter if he blocked the pipe!?

corofin12345

Member +
i wouldnt recommend putting any dump valve on hard unless u ave a bigger turbo cause it causes compresser stall and over time can damage oil seals... sounds good but not good for the turbo..

ALaN

Member +
Real ssqvs aren't adjustable, I get chatter in mine if I lift off slowly after putting it under a small amount of load. Chatter is the turbo stalling anyway nothing to do with your bov, in fact if you get chatter the bov is too stiff for the boost your running.

cossiej23

Member +
i wouldnt recommend putting any dump valve on hard unless u ave a bigger turbo cause it causes compresser stall and over time can damage oil seals... sounds good but not good for the turbo..

Running tdo4!!!
Unfortunatly my hks is 1 of the newer ones which arent adjustable,all i can do with mine is change the silver fin for a purple 1 which makes a lower pitched sound

Fro

Member +
Real ssqvs aren't adjustable, I get chatter in mine if I lift off slowly after putting it under a small amount of load. Chatter is the turbo stalling anyway nothing to do with your bov, in fact if you get chatter the bov is too stiff for the boost your running.

I think its just the old ssqv that is adjustable, dont think its cause they are fake?