dumpvalve question..

daryn

Member +
Hey,

Wonder if anyone knows what's wrong here, I bought a dumpvalve off a mate of mines, its a twin piston baileys one, so I fitted it onto my ep82, onto the fmic pipe going into the inlet manifold, I then tee'd the vac line into the line which comes from the middle of the inlet mani, to my boost gauge, and all the DV seems to be doing is staying open, but when I take the airline off of it, I see the piston closing, so it seems to be doing the complete opposite of what it should be doing... And I can't hit boost atall.

Thanks in advance guys.

Daryn.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
I could be wrong but I remember reading something before that you should use a single piston BOV on a starlet, I think it is something to do with having no air flow meter

Last edited:

Topher-EP82

Member +
i just fitted a baileys dump valve to my glanza.

DV24 single piston is the correct one for the 4E-FTE :D

Also you say about the T piece going to your Boost gauge.. My boost gauge is T'd of the Actuator ???
Has the last owner done this wrong.. Its reading true boost as proved by a Dyno run last friday.

Last edited:

s880kid

Fresh Recruit
I tee'd off from the inlet mani vac for my gauge,but if it works don't see the problem lol

daryn

Member +
So you guys reckon its because its the twin piston baileys that's why its not working properly? Thanks.

daryn

Member +
Cool mate, think that's the same one as me, but as a said at the start of the thread its not working, its doing the opposite. U any idea why this is?

weeJohn

Lifer
Baileys valves do stay open at idle, when you drive the car the vacuum difference closes them. Have you tried giving the car a rev to about 5 0r 6K and seeing if it closes the dumps?

Topher-EP82

Member +
if i give light throttle say boost so it is - 0.2 bar it will make a hissing noise... like a rush of air... I'm guessing that because this is close to 0 boost which would be like a closed circuit so to speak, it is just before the valve is closing so its releasing air.. its quite fun to play with Tbh.. I'm wandering if this is what is happening to yours.

i did find that after installation it was hissing a bit through the revs and so after a few hard boost runs in 3rd gear from low rev's it worked fine..

does a twin piston hold more boost pressure ? does this mean it has to have more boost through it to be effective. are you running to low of a boost level for it to work at its optimum, all the fitment guides from baileys in the store i went to showed the single piston DV24 for the starlet EP82 and EP91 . ?

hmmmmm...

dark_knight

Member +
not saying all.. but most DVs will leak slightly on vacuum. i'd go for a drive to see if it's behaving otherwise.. before jumping the gun at faulting it.. assuming the rest of your system is up to good health..?

weeJohn

Lifer
It shouldnt be constantly open off boost, take it off and spray a drop of WD40 into it in case its seized up.

Adwarc

Fresh Recruit
As Texx informed me in a previous post of mine,a double piston should work fine!a car with MAF will have a problem with a single piston cause it blews the air that the MAF had read! I finally got my new Bov/double piston and works fine!