dvla

boostup

Member +
right my mate wants to buy a car which is cat c to put it back on the road do the dvla have to come and look if its road worthy?and do the charge for coming??

bens ep-82

Member +
re-mot it then you have to take it to the dvla to inspect it once they have done that you can tax and drive it

Fro

Member +
My mate roaded a cat c and i thought he had to take it to vosa or somewhere to get looked over?

boostup

Member +
what about the insurance to drive it to the mot station and to the dvla place for them to inspect it dont wanna get done for no insurance on the way??

Mike D EP82

Member +
you get it re-mot'd and then book it into the nearest vosa inspection mot station and they will give it whats called a VIC check

Mike D EP82

Member +
looking at the picture your going to probably need, bonnet, wing, bumper, headlamp, indicator unit, possibly bumper support, slam panel and the headlamp panel and some panel beating and spraying on top as it will have to be all realigned. do you know if there are any signs of chassis leg damage. it will have been written off due to the fact of its age and the damage would have cost more than 75% of what the cars worth to put right from an insurance repair centre. you could get it done cheaper probably

Mike D EP82

Member +
you need to get an mot first then send a form off to the dvla for a vic test(vehicle identification check)i think it's £36 paid in advance, then when your apointment comes through take the car to a dvla test center and they just check the cars id to make sure it's not a ringer, the quality of the repairs are not checked.
edit:link http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motorin...e/AdviceOnBuyingAndSellingAVehicle/DG_4022107

beat me too it, couldnt have said it better myself. basically making sure its not 2 cars :p

boostup

Member +
looking at the picture your going to probably need, bonnet, wing, bumper, headlamp, indicator unit, possibly bumper support, slam panel and the headlamp panel and some panel beating and spraying on top as it will have to be all realigned. do you know if there are any signs of chassis leg damage. it will have been written off due to the fact of its age and the damage would have cost more than 75% of what the cars worth to put right from an insurance repair centre. you could get it done cheaper probably

dont have a clue was thinking of having a look at it 2maro but feel abit vary now seems like its going to be a head ache to put it back on the road and is it gona be worth it??

Mike D EP82

Member +
dont have a clue was thinking of having a look at it 2maro but feel abit vary now seems like its going to be a head ache to put it back on the road and is it gona be worth it??

thatsworse case scenario but mine that i bought was a little more damaged than that and had a bent shock and the chassis was saved thanks to the strut brace. some parts from toyota brand new arent that expensive. it was just over £90 i think it was for bumper support, headlamp panel, slam panel for mine. be able to get 2nd hand bonnet, wing, headlamp, indicator unit.

boostup

Member +
thatsworse case scenario but mine that i bought was a little more damaged than that and had a bent shock and the chassis was saved thanks to the strut brace. some parts from toyota brand new arent that expensive. it was just over £90 i think it was for bumper support, headlamp panel, slam panel for mine. be able to get 2nd hand bonnet, wing, headlamp, indicator unit.

was youres an sr iswell? and how much do you think it will cost me to put it back on the road?

boostup

Member +
also the guy goes he aint got no log book for it he goes his just gona make me a receipt how do i get the log book sorted and is there an extra charge to get the log book?

Mike D EP82

Member +
mine was a gt quadlight. some part might be cheaper. i paid £140 a headlamp but i needed one also it was a quadlamp so that was why.

they can be that exensive. im in the motor trade so favours were awarded by favours sort of thing. so i basically just paid for the parts and paint

boostup

Member +
mine was a gt quadlight. some part might be cheaper. i paid £140 a headlamp but i needed one also it was a quadlamp so that was why.

they can be that exensive. im in the motor trade so favours were awarded by favours sort of thing. so i basically just paid for the parts and paint

well theres a starlet sr breaking on ebay silver iswell:beer: but i duno if i should stay well clear of it or not