Dyno result success

jezza

Lifer
Went along to Dashfixer, Hillington Glasgow along with about 30 cars from Ayrshire cruise.

I was beyond nervous after the Gt was killed on its last outing on the rollers. I'm a gluten for punishment but the gt survived to tell the tale this time.

Managed 222.4 bhp @ 6983rpm at fly
163.3 bhp @ 6309rpm at wheels
180 lbft @ 5818rpm

Don't understand why the power at the wheels was recorded at a lower rpm. Works out at approx 36% conversion which seems excessive. Although, most other cars on the day had expected results. Such as 2 clio 197s producing 203 and 208bhp respectively.

I'm happy with the power and torque curves but next time I'll be wanting to know how its fueling and how stable the boost is.

dyno.jpg

Mods are: -
Now has Steveatyork's Glanza engine.
Tongs turbo G-spec hybrid
HKS actuator - (1bar)
Dave B mani and decat heat wrapped
Kakimoto cat back
Relocated air filter behind grill
Baileys dump valve
FMIC
Walbro fuel pump
315cc Supra injectors
TRD ignition leads
SARD RRFPR at standard pressure 2.3bar
Blitz Access ecu
Civic Ali radiator
Standard internals

Time to enjoy the GT for a while before any further mods!

Rory

Lifer
I would beleive the power at the wheels before the flywheel power.

Nice result though Jezza.

Forged motor or not?

Glanza_cl

Member +
nice result that especialy from a hybrid,

I have the G-spec tubby from enzo so that's gives me a good running figure of what i can achieve from it.

jezza

Lifer
I would beleive the power at the wheels before the flywheel power.

Nice result though Jezza.

Forged motor or not?

Don't know what to believe. The fact that the clios made close to 197 made be believe the fly wheel figure isn't far off but there is no telling for sure.

Standard internals (I think) The previous owner of the engine achieved 232brake and 220lbft on a similar hybrid setup. Will remove the sump on my next oil change and have a look

Chris@CCM

Member +
nice mate tho ur whp is v low for the fly hp i made 185atws and 208 atf with 204 lbs ft

Last edited:

Phil

Super Moderator
clios in standard trim are big underachievers i remember some horror figures from 182 owners getting 150 something hp!!

if i had been on those rollers i would have made almost 220bhp @the fly on a standard ct9!?

Phil

AzE_B

Member +
nice result i do love hybird power so fun to drive

the power and torque lines cross about 6400:confused:

Dave.

Member +
Tells you that there is a problem with the way they calculate something...

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question622.htm

Should always cross at 5252, as

(Torque x Engine speed) / 5,252 = Horsepower

Therefore, at 5252 revs...

Torque x 5252/5252 = Horsepower

which means

Torque = horsepower at that point

I'm not sure how they can deviate, unless they use a different formula? Good figure though mate, I bet it shifts :)

Dave

Phil

Super Moderator
with a more modest 15/17% correction, your looking at 188/89ish
but that doesnt explain the torque hp crossover!

Phil

Rory

Lifer
Remember, that the Fly power is calculated from the wheel power. ;)
So any Fly reading is as much use as thin air.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Clio 197's are measured in PS, not BHP, and as Phil says, the engines are very difficult to obtain extra power from (my mate has a Clio Trophy 182, and even with a good exhaust, induction mods and a uni-chip, he still only makes 182bhp).

So... I wouldn't read much into the figures given if I were you. Just use the experience to show yourself that you can go on a dyno day without killing your car.

Phil

Super Moderator
Clio 197's are measured in PS, not BHP, and as Phil says, the engines are very difficult to obtain extra power from (my mate has a Clio Trophy 182, and even with a good exhaust, induction mods and a uni-chip, he still only makes 182bhp).

So... I wouldn't read much into the figures given if I were you. Just use the experience to show yourself that you can go on a dyno day without killing your car.

good advice right there, though keep a note of that wheel hp and always compare it to future dyno read outs, it the one bit that should be a fairly reliable indentication!

Phil

enginetuner

Fresh Recruit
Tells you that there is a problem with the way they calculate something...

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question622.htm

Should always cross at 5252, as

(Torque x Engine speed) / 5,252 = Horsepower

Therefore, at 5252 revs...

Torque x 5252/5252 = Horsepower

which means

Torque = horsepower at that point

I'm not sure how they can deviate, unless they use a different formula? Good figure though mate, I bet it shifts :)

Dave
You are of course quite correct, however if you look at the scales on either side of the page you will note that they are different. 0-220bhp against 0 - 180 lbft.
If they were scaled the same, the figures would have crossed at 5252 as they should.
From what I know about the Dastek it automatically scales the figures on the sides of the page to make the graph fill the page.

CMR

Member +
Nice result at the fly Jez, you might make a bit more with standard injectors as the ecu will be injecting too much fuel.

I have a tong turbo gt spec to fit soon, so will hopefully get a similar figure on the glanza with similar mods

jezza

Lifer
I'm happy with the result even if the calculations to achieve the fly figure are out. Will try an alternative to Dastek next time and see how they compare.

I def want to find out how the fueling is performing. Perhaps the standard injectors would see better results as you say CMR.

I'm now more confident with how its running so I can drive it as it deserves to be driven without the fear of a repeat of the last disaster!