easiest power upgrades for ep91

flemin-ep91

Fresh Recruit
Unrestrict 1st and 2nd gear and its Freee :) and makes 1st and 2nd allot more agressive!

my car has a cat-back (not sure what make but pipe a good diameter) also has a air filter but think i need a newone because its bad looking. the pipe is also looped so that its unrestricted in 1st and 2nd. hoping to get air-con and decat on the next pay day. just wndering is there anymore extras or tweeks u cando to these machines:)

J25GTi

Lifer
Aircon removal doesn't really free up much power, unless you locate the filter to the front, in which case you may need to remove the turbo and port the wastegate

cossiej23

Member +
Your best bet for more power is a fuel cut defender and fuel pressure regulator!with these fitted you will be able to run .9 bar boost

J25GTi

Lifer
Not without a front mount intercooler exhaust manifold decat and catback exhaust.

Remove aircon and put the filter at the front. And decat and manifold

J25GTi

Lifer
Didn't mean to put decat exhaust, I meant before you can run that kind of boost you need a front mount intercooler.

flemin-ep91

Fresh Recruit
that would mean getting an adjustable actuator and a brain? i was thinking id need a fmic to be safe going over standard boost. im just looking for smallish things have big plans for this car but not yet as the funds wont allow it:(

cossiej23

Member +
that would mean getting an adjustable actuator and a brain? i was thinking id need a fmic to be safe going over standard boost. im just looking for smallish things have big plans for this car but not yet as the funds wont allow it:(

Actuator yes but you wont require brain!perfectly safe setup with fcd & fuel pressure regulator

el_man

Fresh Recruit
pull the actuator pipe off and put a fcdon it u`ll be laughin mate hahah just joking manifold fmic exhaust decat that was a nice power gain on my starlet

cossiej23

Member +
aww ok. and would u have a rough idea what bhp the car would be after that?
160bhp,my car made 163bhp but wasnt holding boost properly,my mate bought bob from east coast customs glanza which hit 168bhp,heres a link to the for sale thread so you can see the spec he has to get 168bhp!he has no fmic

J25GTi

Lifer
If you try and run 1bar on a top mount cooler it won't be long til something goes bang. They are crap.

0.7 boost, fmic, relocated airfilter, and a full exhaust system should see 160ish bhp.
No need for fuelling mods or setting up. Can just install and run