ebay ep82 maifold ?

sanchez

Member +
No mate, bad quality and will more than likely crack.
Get one from the traders on here or get a ported mani :D

markp

Member +
hi cheers for the feedback , which would you say is my best bet , the cars more or less standard I just want a new mani to create a bit more power and give it a bit more welly .

southwalesgt

Member +
I was contemplating buying one of these when I first got my GT.

I wouldn't get it though. As Sanchez said theres traders on here that have some really tasty manifolds for sale. One guy on here will port a standard one to take out restrictors and improve flow. As the standard ones are cast iron they will last longer than those poo ebay ones. Think he charges about £60, or £80 if you dont give him your old one. Dont quote me though!

Otherwise step up to the next price bracket (£200-£300) and get a nice powder coated stainless or mild steel one. A good manifold will be thicker, strong welds and increased flow over those ebay ones. Ive also heard cheapy manifolds can be a bitch to line up with head and cat pipe so best off buying expensive ones once, than buying that shit one three times a year.

Last edited:

sanchez

Member +
Maybe go for a ported standard mani as said above as they last much longer than most aftermarket ones altough i would recomend the wepr external gated mani :rockon:

ryandavis

Banned
wat up, ye i was looking @ the ones on ebay, and there not worth a w"%*... wen buying parts from ebay always look for a brand name yano...! bt i was looking in2 buyin a 4 branch myslf, as i have a cat-back, & a decat on the way. i like the sounds of the blokes who sorts the standard, if any1 no's him or can get intouch with him pls tel him 2 mail me....:D good luck

southwalesgt

Member +
this one has a 12 month warranty and clearly states that it is not like the shabby quality of the autobahn or other poor quality ones

link is for combo de cat and mani but they do sell just either one

read description for full spec

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Toyota-Starlet-G...a51f2aaff&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_3537wt_1058

Those ones dont seem too bad actually. At least its 3mm thick, and the de-cat is T316 stainless. Both braced and welds look good. Worth a punt for £200. 1 year guarantee is what you would expect from a good manifold or de-cat manufacturer. Ok it isnt Blitz/SPS/WEBR territory but for a budget modder they look good

ryandavis

Banned
dats super, cheers, i stil dnt no how 2 add any 1:O... or evn start a post, so add me if u can i will b in ouch soon!

cheers!

Beaker

Member +
wat up, ye i was looking @ the ones on ebay, and there not worth a w"%*... wen buying parts from ebay always look for a brand name yano...! bt i was looking in2 buyin a 4 branch myslf, as i have a cat-back, & a decat on the way. i like the sounds of the blokes who sorts the standard, if any1 no's him or can get intouch with him pls tel him 2 mail me....:D good luck

I'm not quite sure what any of this means, I must be getting old:p

markp

Member +
thanks for all the feedback folks its been really helpful , as im on a bit of a budget ill look into that ebay combo with the decat and the 12month warrenty , anyone got one?