Ebay universal intercooler.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
You're thoughts on the universal intercoolers when running standard turbo?

Get a kit thats made to fit your car dude rather than buying a universal one & finding piping (hope thats what you mean by universal)

Something like this off ebay will be fine. Im running the Japspeed intercooler on standard turbo, have done for a good year & half with no problems at all. Much better cooling. Will be fine with no other mods too.

EDIT: forgot the link lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FMIC-TOYOTA-S...s_SM?hash=item5d25e30ac7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I was just going to write the same
in one of your threads talk about
the pot calling the kettle black..

:haha:

Last edited:

lanxter

Member +
depends if you have piping already matey, the coolers themselves are pretty good from what ive seen but gettin the piping rights a ball ache

whiteglanzav

Member +
i goy a universal core and got the piping made up custom, it is vey good very little lag as the core is half the size of the usual starlet cores and the piping is as short as possible, its just getting sum 1 to make the pipes

and i am on a ct9

for a bigger turbo i think a bigger core would be a must !!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
like said above it is alot less hassle. But just to clariffy im running above 300BHP on a smallish ebay intercooler and i will upgrade again with a large ebay intercooler when running GT3082 turbo. So yeah, they are fine. Its just a core with fins that allow air to cool the pipe down. There is only so much technology that can go in an intercooler.

hubbygt

Member +
from my experience a universal intercooler usally means it unieversally fits fuck all mate. too much hassle as already said starlet specific is always the way ahead when it comes to fitting with minimal problems

dac69er

Super Moderator
from my experience a universal intercooler usally means it unieversally fits fuck all mate. too much hassle as already said starlet specific is always the way ahead when it comes to fitting with minimal problems

if your willing to put a bit of effort in a universal cooler and custom pipes is the best way.

even the starlet specific kits require lots of pissing about and cutting of things.

i managed to fit my complete intercooler setup without removing either the rad or the bumper or drilling any holes or cutting anything. i also still have the under tray things still in place and untouched.

i have a short route, a good sized cooler and it looks good.

i dont think a starlet specific kit is always the best way if you have the skills to do a better job

durmz

Member +
if your willing to put a bit of effort in a universal cooler and custom pipes is the best way.

even the starlet specific kits require lots of pissing about and cutting of things.

i managed to fit my complete intercooler setup without removing either the rad or the bumper or drilling any holes or cutting anything. i also still have the under tray things still in place and untouched.

i dont think a starlet specific kit is always the best way if you have the skills to do a better job

got any pictures mate? sounds promising, i wouldnt mind arsing about with it for a good result

dac69er

Super Moderator
DSC01161.jpg

DSC01055.jpg

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01050.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
cooler is ebay, pipework is ebay apart from the turbo outlet pipe. that is a modified Hdi pipe.

i made all the brackets for the cooler, fit in all original holes on the car.

why do you have such an arrogant answer for everything?
seriously, u must get bored of being so helpful

Is it arrogant when every other person on the site says "search buton"

also if you look at his other posts you will find he is helpful (and no im not licking his bum :p )

scot-ish

Member +
why do you have such an arrogant answer for everything?
seriously, u must get bored of being so helpful

i would hardly say it was arrogant "drumz" since the same "ebay intercooler" questions pops up about 3 times a week, a search would have brought up about 3 or 4 topics on the same thing, thus giving the answer

and where else have i put up arrogant answers?? since i have them for "everything" sometimes i think you just post, for the sake of chasing a higher post count

Last edited:

Fro

Member +

Well put!

gv1.3

Admin
i would hardly say it was arrogant "drumz" since the same "ebay intercooler" questions pops up about 3 times a week, a search would have brought up about 3 or 4 topics on the same thing, thus giving the answer

and where else have i put up arrogant answers?? since i have them for "everything" sometimes i think you just post, for the sake of chasing a higher post count

my oh my... firstly his name is Durmz. Secondly you are only a member on here a few weeks so dont worry about how many times this pops up per week the site staff will look after it if need be. Thirdly posting a link to the relevant thread would help more than "search button". Fourthly you shouldnt really be talking about chasing higher post counts, with the amount of posts you have for the time on the site.

Fifthly - get this thread back on topic please.