ebay

Hi guys, having a problem with an ebay purchase and wondering if u guys could give your opinions on what I shud do..

I purchased an induction kit off of ebay and paid for it immediately, and was looking forward to receiving it when I got an e-mail from the seller saying that the funds had came through but they were holding in his paypal for some sort of fraud prevention thing and I had to give him positive feedback before he cud release the item. I wrote back saying there was no way I was sending positive feedback until I received the item and we were kinda at check mate so I asked him if he cud give me a refund and he did instantly saying that he is in no way going to rip anyone off, he has a good reputation on ebay blah blah.. But I was happy enough with the refund but now ebay keeps sending me messages telling me to pay for this item, so Ive tried to pay him again and the same problem is occuring. The only thing is, my paypal is showing that the payment went through, also I have e-mails for receipts for the payments Ive made, and aswell as that I have like an automatic response from his e-mail saying thanks for the payment it has been received thanks for your custon etc. But he's still refusing to release the item.

He is now suggesting I pay using a different method, ie a cheque or p.o, which encourages me to beleive he's genuine. But it just doesnt sound right. Technically if there was a problem at his end he would know the funds are there but the whole point is he has to send the item to me, then I leave him his positive feedback and the funds are released, but I cant get him to send the item.