EBC Brakes Any Good?

turbogirl

Fresh Recruit
I have ordered some EBC drilled and grooved disc the other day was just wondering peoples opinion on them? Thanks

sanchez

Member +
I think ebc discs are a great upgrade to the standard imo.
If you just have a few mods exhaust etc then will be fine
Altough drilled discs wear down your pads quicker, what pads have you got?

turbogirl

Fresh Recruit
I noticed you have a HKS Acuator i was thinking about getting one ? What other supporting mods do you need? Thanks :p

sanchez

Member +
I noticed you have a HKS Acuator i was thinking about getting one ? What other supporting mods do you need? Thanks :p

Most people get them to set there cars at 1bar of boost using standard ct9 etc
Would say you would just need a boost gauge and maybe a better tmic...
Can any one else clear this up? :D

EvilKnievel

Member +
I have ordered some EBC drilled and grooved disc the other day was just wondering peoples opinion on them? Thanks

Put them on my starlet with a set of yellowstuff pads last month, huge improvement! Braided lines will give you more "feel" on the brakes. When it come to upgrades I always say, if not why not! :p

turbogirl

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for all ya help sanchez p.s looked at your garage your car is beaut really love the alloys suit the car down to the ground:p

scot-ish

Member +
Most people get them to set there cars at 1bar of boost using standard ct9 etc
Would say you would just need a boost gauge and maybe a better tmic...
Can any one else clear this up? :D

will need a better flowing mani, RRFPR, FCD the actuator as stated, and a better TMIC or a FMIC instead, these are the parts ive bought, will be hoping for a bar aswell

cheers

sanchez

Member +
will need a better flowing mani, RRFPR, FCD the actuator as stated, and a better TMIC or a FMIC instead, these are the parts ive bought, will be hoping for a bar aswell

cheers

Hmm i was runing just under a bar with non of them upgrades except a rx7 tmic:cool:

scot-ish

Member +
Hmm i was runing just under a bar with non of them upgrades except a rx7 tmic:cool:

very dodgey on a standard mani, not ported or nothing?? did you have a standard ecu?? if not you must have hit fuel cut without the FCD, and thats not good for the engine either

EvilKnievel

Member +

Ha ha, thread being hi-jacked, sorry :p

Just a quick question, am thinking of fitting rx7 tmic, dont wana fir a fmic, too visible if you know what I mean. Did the rx7 tmic make a big diff, much bigger etc?

Thanx

sanchez

Member +
Ha ha, thread being hi-jacked, sorry :p

Just a quick question, am thinking of fitting rx7 tmic, dont wana fir a fmic, too visible if you know what I mean. Did the rx7 tmic make a big diff, much bigger etc?

Thanx

Yeah sorry turbo girl:p

Its not alot bigger to be honest but as it is bigger its heloing the cooling side alot.
I never had a standard one so dont know if there was a big difference.
But obviously not going to be as good as a fmic, why not get a small core for the front?