ECU Location

enano

Fresh Recruit
Hey folks, lets see if any of you can help me.

I have a Starlet Glanza V and yesterday somebody tried to Hijack my car, thank God they could not do it. But they did a hole right in the side of the door key lock cylinder and opened the car without making any damage to the key lock itself, but they didnt take the car or anything from it, sounds weird...

I want to know where is the ECU located in my car so i can unplug it or something for security reasons to avoid this situation again.

Or if you could tell me of another way how i can 'protect' my car from being stolen. Maybe taking out a fuse or something like that.

Thanks,
enano

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Hey Mate

On your Glanza V the ECU is located behind the glovebox mate, a couple of screws and the glovebox can come right out of the way then you can unplug the ECU and even remove completely if you wanted.

Many Thanks
~Nick @ Tuning Developments

Glanza Gaz

Member +
Hey Mate

On your Glanza V the ECU is located behind the glovebox mate, a couple of screws and the glovebox can come right out of the way then you can unplug the ECU and even remove completely if you wanted.

Many Thanks

Is this the same with the GT??
thanx in advance Gaz

enano

Fresh Recruit
Hey Mate

Many Thanks

Is there another security method that you could recomend?

peen

Lifer
Glanza Gaz - the ECU in the EP82 is behind the centre console, look down at the pedals in the drivers footwell and it is just to the left.

enano - you could take the EFI fuse out of the fuse box - this would stop the vehicle from starting.

enano

Fresh Recruit
I think i have enough information until i put the right security system.
Thanks all for your thoughts
:teach: