ECU,Or NOT?

ep82lunacy

Member +
Hey was thinking about getting an ecu but was wonderin would it make much of a difference to my gt.I have most of the supporting mods already installed but dont wanna shell out a ball of cash if it isnt needed.opinions please:)

ep82lunacy

Member +
Well when I say I have the supporting mods there in the boot till I get time to fit them:p(Cat back,Decatted,Actuator,FPR,Mani,)and thats all I can afford for the moment.Was thinking about an Emanage.:)

si-87

Member +
are you talking about a piggyback (JAm,emanage etc) or standalone (PFC,Motec)? and yeh it will make a hell of a difference as everything can be fine tuned according the mods youre your using

Idrees

Banned
What boost you looking to run? If your using an EManage, you could sell the FPR and put the money towards other mods to run 1 bar of boost? That way, you can get it mapped in one go and it'll be easier/cheaper for you. All you'll need is a decent intercooler along the list of mods you have to run a bar, and 1 bar mapped on Emanage is good for 180hp.

Derek

Lifer
Don't see the point in buying all those parts without getting and ecu be it piggyback or standalone, you'll never get the full potential out of them unless you get it set up properly.

Idrees

Banned
No mate if you have an EManage you don't need the FPR or even a FCD. Some tuners may prefer a RRFPR but you'll be fine on the stock one mate. :)

Idrees

Banned
Yeah sure mate, here's a quick list of what is recommended for 1 bar on the CT9, and it'll sure pull well at that boost. :)

FMIC
Aftermarket exhaust mani
Decat
Exhaust
Filter relocation
HKS Actuator
Ported wastegate to prevent boost creep

Good spark plugs and maybe aftermarket leads, and obviously a well maintained engine for best results. :)

twaiter

Member +
well mate im apparantly 160bhp at the wheels on the standard ecu with:
hdi fmic
decat
janspeed mani
fpr
fcd
hks actuator and mbc
ct9b 1-bar
air filter straight from the turbo
running abit richer than needed too.
i was thinking of just fitting my dastek n getting it over and done with..