ECU questions

RS-Ronan

Member +
Well lads.
planning on building my car in the coming months and i'm wondering what type of standalone ecu would be best or where i could go in Ireland who'd do the best job?
might even travel to the UK if the price is right!

AdamB

Member +
Spec? Budget? Its best to ask whoever is going to map it as every tuner will prefer different software.

RS-Ronan

Member +
well i was planning on bringing it to Chris@CCM but he doesn't seem to be replying to my pm's.
judging on prices he gave me before i'd be wiling to spend around €1900 between buying the ecu,gtr tps,fitting it and mapping it!
might get onto ECC alright

AdamB

Member +
You could get a link g4, haltech, omex, dta, or the wolf which TD do as a plug and play unit for that kind of budget mate.
Any features in particular you are after?

RS-Ronan

Member +
You could get a link g4, haltech, omex, dta, or the wolf which TD do as a plug and play unit for that kind of budget mate.
Any features in particular you are after?

I like the look of the Link G4 ecu alright!not sure of what features i can go for but anti-lag and launch control would be sweet

Il check it out tomorrow man , I only got 1 pm today from u bud

ah no worries man,i sent you one a few weeks back too to the best of my knowledge!
sure drop me a pm when you find out more,thanks! :)

AdamB

Member +
It is a good ecu for the money alright! Apparently they are a piece of cake to wire into the starlet. Been considering it myself, but i've been given a very good price from the lads at TD for the Wolf :)

ep82morzy

Member +
If there are so many aftermarket ecus readily available,how come people go mad for greddy emanate blue?is it easy to map and tweak things compared the rest?