EFI pipe removal question ? small hose......

sparky87

Member +
hi guys,
i'v taken away my efi pipe ( i fitted relocation kit )
and there is 1 small hose that i'm not sure what to do with ??
the hose in question plumbs into the efi pipe next to where you would have your D/V located ( pipework from turbo to TMIC ).
i'v searched but found nothing on this.

thanks in advance :)
ian

sparky87

Member +
"Leave it vented" how do i do this ? sounds silly but so was the answer i got. i dont want a random hose kicking around the engine bay doing nothing.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
That is it tho you just unplug it from efi an unplug it from other end to, where you unplug it from jus leave open to vent..

I gather you still have hi'low pipes that run over cam cover???

dark_knight

Member +
venting to the atmosphere

@sparky87: hey mate, what guys here are tryna say is, you can get a piece of 'extension' vac line and make sure it's not blocked and venting to the air, like what i did. here's another shot of it. please note that this pipe comes from the actuator bleed/exhaust nipple. if it's blocked, it will make the actuator 'see' too much boost each time your turbo begins to spool and will keep opening the wastegate way too early - in essence, you will never be able to get any boost.

in my setup, i nicked the pipe on the side and put a bolt on the top to aid in preventing water/dirt going back into the line each time my engine gets a wash. if you want, you can also get a vac pipe that makes a u-loop to further point downward. this would be the best arrangement to keep dirt out.

sparky87

Member +
cheers spacecraft for that,helps alot.
i cant view your pics as my work computer does not allowe me to view pics via Photobucket ect...
i will get on the computer again 2mrow when i get in from work 2 see how you have done it.
and again thanks for all the info :)