EFI vacuum pipe around HDI cooler

addz

Member +
Hello guys!

Got a little situation here that i need to resolve with your help:)

After installing my HDI intercooler, the vacuum pipe off the EFI fouls the intercooler pipe. I am not happy how the vacuum pipe is currently sitting. I have a standard actuator along with the EFI pipe still in place.

Also the boost solenoid has been bypassed.

I now need to know what i need to remove, add etc

P2131117.jpg

P2131106.jpg

MAD_MO

Member +
i dont get what you mean mate. if you want rid of the vacume pipe then block it and block the recirc dumpvalve. you will get a nice chatter sound too!

GTdan

In The Closet
will work fine, but you can always get a new BOV and replace the standard one, therefore resolving your issue.

dac69er

Super Moderator
just pull it off and leave it. block the stub on the efi pipe and your sorted. that pipe is just the bleedoff from the hi/lo solenoid to allow it to boost higher.

Mike_ep91

Member +
So, remove the hose leaving both ends out in the open (efi end & pipe near engine)

bung up the one one the efi pipe and you can leave the one running to the actuator open.

i had the the same done on my car for moths until i removed the efi pipe altogether.

addz

Member +
I won't loose boost or anything by leaving it open-ended, pipe comming from the actuator?

Any tips on how i can block off the EFI part?

Also will this cause any problems?

Mike_ep91

Member +
I won't loose boost or anything by leaving it open-ended, pipe comming from the actuator?

Any tips on how i can block off the EFI part?

Also will this cause any problems?

no mate no problems.i ran my car like that for a few months.

cause you have the solenoid bypassed it wont affect the actuator.its only a bleed off.

for blocking it off get some silicone pipe and get a screw thats big enough and screw it into the silicone and pop a cale tie around it.problem solved.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Thanks a lot mate.

So IF that pipe say was kinked, would i loose boost?

you wouldnt exactly loose boost, but the actuator wouldnt be able to bleed off as much air so would mean the actuator would move more and you wouldnt boost as much

addz

Member +
you wouldnt exactly loose boost, but the actuator wouldnt be able to bleed off as much air so would mean the actuator would move more and you wouldnt boost as much

Thanks. So if it stays open ended, will it be more efficient?