egt gauge + afr gauge fitting

monka

Member +
where do you put the egt gauge sensor?

i have heard in the manifold and to put it in the hole for the lower temperature hole,

i have a silk road mani so have a hole ready for the egt gauge, so could i put it there?

also, where does the reading for the air/fuel ratio gauges get taken from?
cheers

Levin-AE111

Member +
Hes on about my AFR gauge, its electrical so wont go in the downpipe mate.

It splices in too a few wires under the dash and reads it somhow.

Im not that good with car electrics i run and hide when i have to do anything with them.

Levin-AE111

Member +
mate i woudnt even fit that afr gauge then, there useless and just for looks. get a wideband.

Dont be daft bud. It cost about £50 not much as gauge prices go but still not cheap, its not a "show" gauge, if it was i would be sending it back quicker than jack-flash.

if its a narrow band air fuel gauge u connect it to the lamba sensor wire or the lamba wire on the ecu

Its more likely to be somthing like that mate, i wouldnt know as ive never fitted one.

MentaLEP91

Member +
hmm addaman just says its a narrowband AFr gauge, it just shows correct a/f only near 14.7:1. when the a/f gets richer or leaner, the narrowband afr isnt accurate cause it only gets 0 or 1volt signal, yet the wideband gets 0-5v..narrowband does only good if u just want to see "a part" of the a/f ratio...widebands are better for tuning and monitoring a/f :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
hmm addaman just says its a narrowband AFr gauge, it just shows correct a/f only near 14.7:1. when the a/f gets richer or leaner, the narrowband afr isnt accurate cause it only gets 0 or 1volt signal, yet the wideband gets 0-5v..narrowband does only good if u just want to see "a part" of the a/f ratio...widebands are better for tuning and monitoring a/f :)

also you know your lambda is still alive at least :)