EK9 Type R B18CR ***FOR SALE***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
For sale: 1998 Ek9 Type R with a B18CR conversion.

Item Condition:
Very very good. Few stone chips on front bumper and a couple of imperfections in places which i will add more pictures ASAP to show.

Price and price conditions: £6650 OVNO

Extra Info: Unfortunately im forced to sell this car as its my every day car and cant afford to fund my starlet build and keep this. Very unfortunate as many of you will know how much i rate and love this car. The car is still restricted to around 190KPH and has only ever seen more then that on 2 occasions when previously using the SPOON ECU on the B16B engine. The B18CR engine has never seen more then 190KPH. The interior is partly stripped out including carpet although i have all the interior including the the A/C which the buyer will get and is easy to refit i just love the look of the white painted floor pan. The car will also come with the EK9 OEM alloys with the sale.

The spec as follows is:

Millage on chassis: 72,000 Miles
Millage on B18CR engine: 42,000 Miles
TAX: 3-4 months
MOT: 12 months

Modifications:

B18CR engine conversion. This is from the 98 spec JDM Integra type R. The most powerful B series engine ever made. Its still using the B16B gearbox with 4.4 final drive.

OEM DC2 Air box
76mm cold air feed with trumpet
Apexi exhaust system
Custom exhaust manifold made by IMPORT STUNG.
Resonated Decat
Fidanza 3.5KG Aluminum lightweight Flywheel
Air conditioning removed
Spoon reservoir covers
Blue NGK ignition leads
Red Autobahn coolant hoses
Short shifter

Chassis:
Spoon Front strut brace
Uprated rear STR LCA'S

Body:
Spoon carbon fiber rear spoiler.
Crystal side repeaters
ENkies on rear, Gab sports on front Resprayed in gloss black.
TOYO 888 tires on rear and fronts will be changed for another pair as they are worn. Rears have plenty of rubber left.

There may be more mods but thats the main jist of it.

The car was dynod with the new engine @ TDI and produced 176WHP( at the wheel) and 125lbs TORQUE(at the wheels). This was also dynod at Surrey rolling road center as a honda meet and made more power then all the B18C's and came just off some with cams etc so a very nice healthy engine. My best quarter mile time in this is a 13.7 @101MPH so a very fast and capable car with great response from the light chassis. Handling is second to none, its truly amazing.

Cars weight factory is: 1050KG, with the few stripped parts i estimate easily 1020KG. Thats a 200BHP per tonne car.

BAD BITS:
VERY slight kerb to front alloy when parking. The rest are MINT.
Exhaust back box needs bracket welding back on(£20 job which i will get done) and exhaust center section needs re-aligning which i will also get done.
Front bumper has a good few stone chips but really not all visible from a small distance. Only going very close they appear.
Slight scratch by passenger wing. Again not visible unless close.
Drivers seat bolster is ripped, but really is not major. Hasnt bothered me the past year.

Pictures:

A few pictures of the car, I will update with some specific pictures of some of the bad bits(not that there are many but i wana be completely honest as i can)
P1000386.jpg

P1000389.jpg

004-8.jpg

005-5.jpg

Newcar009.jpg

Newcar010.jpg

015-1.jpg

002-4.jpg

Newcar008.jpg

Contact Details: PM

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery:
Pick up obviously :p

Any questions at all please feel free to ask and i will be more then happy to answer. I may have left somethings out. As far as i know i havent.

Thanks for looking
Dan

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
dont dan

that is 1 nice ek9

always fancied maself a b18 powered civic

Thanks mate! I really am going to be GUTTED to see it go, its come quite a long way. But i just havent got the money to keep a car of this expense and rebuild the starlet.

Was supposed to be selling it to my mate, still am in fact but hes taking forever to get this loan sorted so need to start getting interest elsewhere.

Best of luck with sale.

On an additional note stick her on pistonheads.

Cheers dude, i will do maybe tomorrow.

wes

Fresh Recruit
nice car dan, and sorry you have to sell it. but on another note, will you please sell me your gearknob?!!

AdDaMan

Member +
Gorgeous EK9 Dan, as said, its a shame you have to sell.
I wouldnt mind this as my daily at all :(

GLWTS.

GT_Irl

Member +
You wont be long shifting this Dan, its sweet!:) Realy excited too see wats next with your insane gt!:rockon: BUMP for a sweet as Civic!!

rickie

Member +
I'd buy this over a standardish ek9 any day of the week, and probably save a quid or two while i'm at it lol. Great price and very nice car.

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
is a super clean car and very fast, i would swap this for the red starlet i am building at the mo, but you would need the money soonish,
for an everyday car you can not beat it:rockon:

gv1.3

Admin
really like this car, particularly like it because you havent changed the styling much which is what I like about the EK9. Great reliable car with nice comfort.

Glad you are going to see out the 3SEP project would have been a huge shame if you didnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.