EK9 Type R Turbo - One for the BRADFORD massive

£8250 for a turbo EK9 isnt a lot of money.. Prob get it for less as well as been for sale a while.. that turbo kit alone is worth a few £k.. Would be a weapon of mass destruction that car if it runs right.. Saysh its only running .35bar, so guessing that be just over 200hp.. Imagine it at 1bar..

TurboDave

Member +
£8250 for a turbo EK9 isnt a lot of money.. Prob get it for less as well as been for sale a while.. that turbo kit alone is worth a few £k.. Would be a weapon of mass destruction that car if it runs right.. Saysh its only running .35bar, so guessing that be just over 200hp.. Imagine it at 1bar..

And imagine how much money you would need to spend on internals and management to allow it to run 1 bar and then even when it is running 1 bar it will be useless as FWD.

Why not mate? I know they have well built engines but I dont think the internals could/would handle 1bar with that monster of a turbo kit on..

goldenvtr

Member +
i read somewhere the cylnder walls crack when there boosted, in teh USA they sleeve the blocks somehow to make the stronger.

Sigma

Member +
Honda engines are good for about 0.6 standard.

Get it sleeved, forged and turned up, and it'll be a 350bhp weapon!

TurboDave

Member +
And out of the 8k to buy the car and further 5k on suspension, brakes forging and sleeving you could but a mint Evo 6 with 350bhp. 350bhp through the front wheels would be very funny imo.

Sham

Member +
That guys name is Shoaib who is selling that ek9, he also has a r32 GTR, he jus got it mapped and its running 500hp+, we had a mini bradford meet last monday and he bought it down, it is truly awesome... Never seen the EK9 though...

steo800

Member +
I personally see no point in running 5psi.

think of it like this....

without the turbo, the pressure on the inlet would be minus pressure(ever hear of vacum gauges as opposed to boost gauges), making the engine have to work harder to "breathe" air in.

if its even at atmospheric pressure(0psi) it doesnt have to work as hard as minus pressure to get air in as it less of a pressure difference.

its volumteric efficiency will have improved with the turbo(once spooled of course)

its only running 5psi as it has standard internals(high compression ratio) so it wouldnt be safe to go much more unless it had a lower compression ratio.

but im sure 5psi would make a massive difference when compared to standard

Dan3SGTE

Member +
dave with right mods mate you can get FWD to be very use full....

When i was running 1.2bar hitting easily around 330hp my car was so far from useless mate... Seriously, thats from personal experience and if you came in my car you'd a free mate as everyone else does that comes in it :)

TurboDave

Member +
dave with right mods mate you can get FWD to be very use full....

When i was running 1.2bar hitting easily around 330hp my car was so far from useless mate... Seriously, thats from personal experience and if you came in my car you'd a free mate as everyone else does that comes in it :)

No Dan mate you are missing my point, my point is all the usable power of the Turbod civic would be up the top of the rev range ie when it comes on boost and when the VTEC starts meaning a massive increase in power at the top end of the revs which would just result in spinning and it would be pretty garbage off boost and low down the revs.

You on the otherhand have lots of torque from low down and because of your CC and standard size turbo you create your power evenly through the rev range not just a blirp up the top if you get what I mean which is why your car is more "usable".

As you all know the engines are already high enough compression not to start increasng it further by the use of a turbocharger. A supercharger on the otherhand on a forged civic would be a different story because it would have some low end grunt aswell.

Last edited:
WHat increase in power you reckon this will have over stock ek9?? Seems a tidy car but to let rip of its full potential it need another £3/£4k for the forging of the engine, sleeved, suspension, brakes and good engine management...