Elephant, GT at 19

BAZ2CRAZY

Member +
I own a modified n/a ep91, and have been dreaming of owning a GT for around 2 years, i was wondering if anyone has a policy with elephant and are around 19/20.

How much are you paying?

Thanks alot,

Mitch

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I had mine with Bell but there all the same company, all under Admiral.

Im sure i paid around £1100 for a GT 3rd party fire and theft but i only had 1 years no claim back then.

Iain

BAZ2CRAZY

Member +
ChrisGT:- thats with elephant?!?! thats good.

Im debating whether to wait till im 20, which is in novemeber. it will give me more time to find a minter too.

ChrisGT

Member +
Yup, with Elephant.co.uk. It was £1100 when I was 19 and dropped to £840 on my renewal. Hopefully drops again next month (renewal)!

lleey2k4

Member +
I'm 21 in October, thinking of possibly getting something bigger then!

As soon as i turned 21 i was getting quotes on S14s and celica GT4's coming to just under £1500 with 2 years ncb.

But when i had my GT i was with elephant paid £1366 1 year ncb and i was 20.

ChrisGT

Member +
As soon as i turned 21 i was getting quotes on S14s and celica GT4's coming to just under £1500 with 2 years ncb.

But when i had my GT i was with elephant paid £1366 1 year ncb and i was 20.

Obviously insurance depends on a whole bunch of things, but an example being is when my brother turned 21 he got insured on his ST205 GT4 for just over £700. So I would hope mine would be similar! I'll have to wait and see!

I can get an S14 now for less than £1500! :p

lleey2k4

Member +
Thats rediculously cheap did he have 20 years ncb aswell lol my dad pays £300 on a 1.4 megane and has 100s of years ncb lmao.

BAZ2CRAZY

Member +
Thankyou very much for the info lads and lasses.

Now for another question, how did elephant respond to your modifications?!

Mitch

ChrisGT

Member +
Thats rediculously cheap did he have 20 years ncb aswell lol my dad pays £300 on a 1.4 megane and has 100s of years ncb lmao.

Nope, think 3. I dunno, Elephant really likes us I guess! These are my quotes with Elephant at the minute:

Nissan 200SX - £1,296.95
MR2 REV3 Turbo - 1,273.85
UK RX7 Twin Turbo - £1,329.75
Celica GT4 - £1,274.10

I would hope turning 21 and getting 1 more NCB would bring them down a fair bit! I'm currently 20, 2NCB. Hopefully 21, 3NCB changes things a lot! lol

davehart

Member +
My mate who's 19 has just bought Big Daddy's GT and he's paying a whopping £2500 on a ten month deal with a grand excess fully comp. Thats with one years ncb, not sure who its with though.