EMU No2 Injector Harness

Ive been told that i need a No2 injector harness for my e-manage ultimate.
ive also been told i dont need it.

So do i or don't i??

Please explain the reason why i do or dont need it, for i dont really understand what it does.

thanks Jonny

FeNder

Member +
if ure talking about the actual harness , then the emu's universal harness incorporates all 3 into 1 .

you maybe talking about the injector adapter #2 , there have been reviews that state u need it , others that dont , my personal experience i needed it .

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
well said fender, its a MUST to use the injector adaptor no.2 as the stock ecu (if u dont use it) will be able to pull back fuelling as it wishes.. which isnt a good thing..

kon

Phil

Super Moderator
can yous' elaborate more on this? how or why does the stock ecu adjust the fuelling against the emu?

thanks

Phil

Chris@CCM

Member +
sorry kon but ive tuned a lot of them wih out it and have had no probs at all even over time there not leaning out i just dont see the need even with big injectors
if i find a need for it i will use them but so far i cant at all

what greddy say its used for

ULTIMATE INJ. ADAPTER 2 prevents overly rich condition for 6 cylinder vehicles

Last edited:

Chris@CCM

Member +
it up to as said ive tuned a good few of the with larger injectors from 370 -550 with no probs and ive checked them over time too.
if u find u need it when ur tuning it just buy one

HYBRID

sorry kon but ive tuned a lot of them wih out it and have had no probs at all even over time there not leaning out i just dont see the need even with big injectors
if i find a need for it i will use them but so far i cant at all

what greddy say its used for

ULTIMATE INJ. ADAPTER 2 prevents overly rich condition for 6 cylinder vehicles

hmm thats interesting chris, as on the cars iv tuned (including my own) all emu units version E, i needed the adaptor always as they would stay too rich..

but ur right i suppose, just try without one, if u need it dont bother.. btw the 6cyl emu adaptor is used coz it matches the needs of the 4e.. we only use 3 wires :)

kon

Phil

Super Moderator
btw the 6cyl emu adaptor is used coz it matches the needs of the 4e.. we only use 3 wires :)

what are those needs? and which 3 wires do you use and why?

why or how does the stock ecu try to out do or alter the emu tune?

Phil

Chris@CCM

Member +
hmm thats interesting chris, as on the cars iv tuned (including my own) all emu units version E, i needed the adaptor always as they would stay too rich..

but ur right i suppose, just try without one, if u need it dont bother.. btw the 6cyl emu adaptor is used coz it matches the needs of the 4e.. we only use 3 wires :)

kon

v odd mate im if i ever come across it i will defo use one but even with 550s i have no probs at all triming fuel . hard to beat emu once u get used too it :cool:

HYBRID

what are those needs? and which 3 wires do you use and why?

why or how does the stock ecu try to out do or alter the emu tune?

Phil

ok so, on the 4e we dont use group injector, but paired instead, iirc its 1 & 3 & 2 & 4 or something like that.. a 6 cy would use all six wires as most of them use either sequential or group injection..

we just use the 1st 2 wires one for chanel 1 & once for channel 2.. both are green wires, the other wire used is the red one for power, this is to be spliced into the oem harness with the emu b+ as well :)

what it does is very simple, you just splice it into the harness on the oem ecu side, so that the emu does not accept any changes from oem ecu to go into the emu map.. its like a one way valve, only electronic (sorry i dont know the technical term lol)

kon

HYBRID

v odd mate im if i ever come across it i will defo use one but even with 550s i have no probs at all triming fuel . hard to beat emu once u get used too it :cool:

beats me lol.. i needed it on the 460cc's & 324cc's .. hmm maybe i was just unlucky lol.. it seemed the oem ecu was still trying to adjust closed loop by itself, plugged in the i/j adapt. & then like magic no more ecu interfearing lol..

yeah the emu is such a fantastic bit of kit!! it makes tuning pish easy to control lol

kon:rockon:

Phil

Super Moderator
Has anyone got a wireing diagram for the No2 adaptor harness?

ive got myself an old emanage that came of a rx, and now that i need injector adaptor no.2, i cannot find the wiring diagram anywhere either!!

ive tried the greddy site but it says i need a langauge pack to look at it! and then wont let me!

maybe my internet explorer just isnt up to scratch!

so if anyone has a pdf version that would be great.

Phil