emu problem

gazzagareth

Member +
ok went to eds yday to map my v pluged in the emu to find that its broken.. wont start my car and also we tried it in his and uploaded his map onto it to see if it would work in his car but yet again wouldnt stat his car.. so we no its a problem with the unit itself..does anyone know where you can get the emu fixed??

danturbo4311

Member +
Im guessing its not a new EMU unit, were did you get it from? Do you have any idea what car it came off of? Perhaps the jumper settings are in the wrong position (for another car), do you get any red lights on the EMU when its wired in.

gazzagareth

Member +
looks to have came out of an accord.. bought it on ukstarletclub from Zoro2006.. no when we had it plugged in the light came up green..its a c series version

gazzagareth

Member +
how do i do this... sorri not the most mechanical or electrical minded person lol..prob why i got sold a faulty one in the first place lol

danturbo4311

Member +
The accord has different jumper settings that sounds like the problem & it isn't registering as a fault on the EMU which is why the light stays green. In order to change the jumper settings you need to remove the allen keys & screws then slide the circuit board out & check/change the jumper settings, if you have a look at the emanage manual it shows you the settings also there is a thread on here showing how they go (trying to find it). Its really easy to do it just looks daunting because you have to remove the circuit board.

gazzagareth

Member +
thanks mate thats great just checked and the jumper settings were differant
just need to try it in my car again and c what hapens :D

danturbo4311

Member +
Thats good mate it should all work now (hopefully), I think its jumper 7 which is the problem that will cause it not to start as hondas require it to be set to position 2-3 but our cars need it across 1-2, but some of the other settings maybe different to but cant remember of the top of my head.

gazzagareth

Member +
changed the jumper settings and ecu still not working..are the sttings any diferant in the c class to the other classes? or anyone got any other ideas what could be wrong??

turboloon

Member +
do a search on here for the jumper settings and double check them all ,i have a e sereis and used the guide on here and it was fine and i think on the guide it's a a sereis...

gazzagareth

Member +
done a check on the settings even took eds apart and changed mine to match his..anyone know wer i can send this to have it repaired??

gazzagareth

Member +
Have you contacted greddy or any of their authorised dealers in the UK? That would be the best place to start.

yea contacted a two or 3 of the dealers bt they were no help at all i asked them if they knew wer i could contact to have mine fixed and they all just said they didnt no ... probably jus cant b arsed cuz i didnt buy of them