Engine acting strange....

Pete EP82

Member +
Last night i was driving along and coming to a round about i changed down gear to 2nd and with that the engine started to struggle....almost like it was coughing. When i came off the round about the engine went dead all together!...i pulled over lifted the bonnet made sure all the HT leads were connected at both ends, starded the car again and after 3/4sec it reluctantly fired up. :(

Driving to clloege this morning it almost seems like the car chuggs in every gear under 3000rpm. Once the rev's get up a little the chugging becomes a little less frequent.

All iv done with the car over the last week was wash it and power hose the engine bay and tighten the alternator belt.

Last edited:

Sharkman645

Member +
check there no water around the plugs from when you power washed the engine bay.

I power washed my engine bay and had same problem. Use a compressor and blow each spark plug chamber then spray some wd40 afterwards.

durmz

Member +
should be seriously careful powerwashing the bay man, really dont want water in the engine, waters incompresable, get enough in there and ule bend a rod