Engine Balancing Belt

J

*JO*

as already mentioned im having a problem with my engine vibrating. managed to narrow it down - 1st is upgraded engine mounts that are causing it and also may have a dead patch on my tps ( going to be using a mates for time being to see if this is the problem) but last night someone i know that works for a Jap tuning garage down here said its my engine balancing belt :confused: what the hell is that never knew i had 1!!!!! said has an evo in with the same problem and all engines are built the same. can some one tell me does my car have one of these and if so where to i get a new 1.

thanks all

xx

stuart

Member +
but last night someone i know that works for a Jap tuning garage down here said its my engine balancing belt :confused: what the hell is that never knew i had 1!!!!! said has an evo in with the same problem and all engines are built the same.

And he works for a garage?

J

*JO*

yeah lol indigo-gt apparently one of the guys told him about it but ive never heard of 1 xx

J

*JO*

im well confused :confused: so i take it she dont have one of them belts then??xx

GTdan

In The Closet
was speakign to Jo last night - and the only thing i could think of was an engine dampner - as its too reduce vibration.

Ben89

Lifer
no it will pass an mot with a damper, but i cant see how a damper will stop your vibration problem, because it just takes stress out of the gearbox mount if the gearbox mount is fuked the car would shudder not vibrate.

J

*JO*

ummmmmmm i will get that looked at then. but wouldnt he have said that not an engine balancing belt lol. how much are they then? guarnteed not cheap xxx

lingl9z

Member +
Does sound slightly strange, working in a garage surely he'd know the correct term for things? and should also be able to diagnose the problem too?

Ben89

Lifer
to be honest it either sounds like you have heard him wrong or he hasent got a scooby doo about cars lol, what suspension are you running?

J

*JO*

he told me on msn lol so i copied and pasted off the convo. shes got tein coliovers hun xx

Ben89

Lifer
lol have you had them checked? when my shock went the rear wheel just used to bounce up and down and velt like the car was vibrating.

59bhp

Member +
yeah evo's and a few other cars come with balancer shafts (and belts) which enables much smoother rotations at higher revs, starlets however do not have them lol it will be the uprated engine mounts which is nothing to worry about.

lol every engine is very different and by no means are the same, these mechanics worry me sometimes lol

J

*JO*

there brand new hun only been on the car since april so doubt they would be gone but i will check.

can upgraded engine mounts cause this prob??xx

J

*JO*

yeah evo's and a few other cars come with balancer shafts (and belts) which enables much smoother rotations at higher revs, starlets however do not have them lol it will be the uprated engine mounts which is nothing to worry about.

lol every engine is very different and by no means are the same, these mechanics worry me sometimes lol

just read that ok thank you xx

J

*JO*

ahhhh kk mayb that is the problem then as she has upgraded ones. ummmmm still going to get a tps though as she has a dead spot xxx