engine coolant temp sensor

clarkytrd

Member +
bought one from dave b as my car seems to be overfuelling every now and then, and the temp gauge usually goes up and down every so often while driving.

and which one is it on the car that i have to replace?? the one on the thermostat housing??

or what else can cause my car to overfuel??

i got 390kms to a tank this week,
i got 450 to a tank last week....

any idea's?? temp sensor??

GTnomez

Member +
did you do a diagnostic test and error 22 came up?

on an ep82 under the distributor cap there is a green sensor but not sure on a glanza. I think its the same but the 98 spec are different

clarkytrd

Member +
did you do a diagnostic test and error 22 came up?

on an ep82 under the distributor cap there is a green sensor but not sure on a glanza. I think its the same but the 98 spec are different

no mate, i should of done one becoz my engine light comes on and off every so often,

there is a temp sender and sensor isnt there?? the sensor is on the thermostat housing i think, but wanna make sure it is.

would a faulty one defo cause it to overfuel??

what is error 22 anyway mate??

Glanza_cl

Member +
yeah the temp sensor is under the dizzy...well it is on my 97V so i cant imagine it being any different lol. have you thought about you lamber as mine was playing up giving me bad fueling changed it and now it runs perfect again.

if you temp sensor is playing up would it not only run on cold start mode (giving the bad fueling) but also this would mean that your idle would stay on cold start so around 1.1-1.2k and now lower as the car warms.

clarkytrd

Member +
yeah the temp sensor is under the dizzy...well it is on my 97V so i cant imagine it being any different lol. have you thought about you lamber as mine was playing up giving me bad fueling changed it and now it runs perfect again.

if you temp sensor is playing up would it not only run on cold start mode (giving the bad fueling) but also this would mean that your idle would stay on cold start so around 1.1-1.2k and now lower as the car warms.

yeah i dunno if the lambda sensor is knackered or not.... how do i tell??

but driving at night when the air outside is cold, the car drives and boosts better, just when air is warm, it doesnt really sound right.

do you know what i mean???

Glanza_cl

Member +
well disconnect your battery, wipe the codes take it for a drive and then do a diagnostic and see if it throws any codes up. that really is the only way to tell. other then that it's trial an error change one thing if it doesn't improve it then move onto the next suspected cause.

i picked up a perfect condition lamber for £30 so it's not an expensive fix if it's gone wrong.