Engine fault code 34, excessive turbo pressure

peter88

Member +
My car has a apexi neo on, running 233bhp at 1.04bar on a td04, when in full boost towards the end of the rev range my engine management comes on, the car runs fine and the light goes off when car is switched off and back on, what could it be? Where can I find the fault codes

Cheers

peter88

Member +
Ever since fitting my apexi neo and getting it set up on the rolling road running 233bhp at 1.04bar, when under load towards 6-7000 revs my engine management comes on, looking at my Electronic boost controller (EVC3) when on full boost the boost rises sometimes to 1.1 bar. Done a diagnostics and the result was code 34 which is excessive turbocharger pressure, what does this mean exactly? help appreciated

peter88

Member +
yea stock ecu but i have fcd wired in too, and the engine management lighy does not come on every single time and usually only comes on in either 3rd or 4th gear

stuarty1

Member +
set the fcd up a turn wat is it set to atm also your fuel is all 100 percent if it is clicket round if it does it again flick it round most people hav thers set to 8

peter88

Member +
Oh ok yea I will check what setting the fcd is on this afternoon and change it to see if it makes a difference

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
if he changes the setting on the fcd will this effect his fueling as the neo will have been setup at a different setting on the fcd.

Texx

Super Moderator
The HKS is a resistor type FCD? Not a clamp type? If so, it's probably best not to alter it's setting without having the relevant adjustments made on the neo to compensate.

peter88

Member +
How do I tell it's a clamp or resistor? Also will it damage my engine pitting my foot down with this management light coming on? Cheerz

Paul_JJ

Member +
I had exactly the same problem as you have and a code 34 on my completely standard glanza. I couldn't figure out what was the problem for quite some time, even went to TM dev and they told me that it's because my car is auto... Well after some time I realised that all the problems was causing my cracked manifold! So I would advise to check it first.

peter88

Member +
Hmm well I will check it out, but on my old engine I had a ct9 at .85bar and the mani I had was cracked badly and I had no problems with the management light