engine flush, is it any good?

rosshana

Member +
can anyone tell me if doing an engine flush is anygood for my engine even though the engine is quite old? (K reg) i don't want to wash out the bits that are holding it together lol, basically whats happened is that i took the rocker cover off the other day so i could paint it, and i noticed that the top of the engine looks like it had loads of carbon build up, it was like black sludge in soom places:(

TurboDave

Member +
Leave it alone mate, where it is at the moment its not hurting, if you loosen it and leave it go all around your engine then you will be in trouble.

Once you loosen it you wont get all of it out so its best to leave it alone.

:)

rosshana

Member +
Leave it alone mate, where it is at the moment its not hurting, if you loosen it and leave it go all around your engine then you will be in trouble.

Once you loosen it you wont get all of it out so its best to leave it alone.

:)

ok will do mate, thanks for advice mate.

Timmy

Member +
With regular oil changes you won't get enough carbon build up for it to cause any kind of ill effects.

Harvey

Member +
Yeah its a bit like the detergent oil crap. Add detergent oil to a an older engine can cause havoc, and start an engine smoking, but of course fine if used from new.

Luke.R

Member +
Engine flush is basically diesel/parrafin and I can't see that being too good for the seals in the turbo, no chance would I run it through mine.

dac69er

Super Moderator
the seals in the turbo are just carbon. parafin or diesel wont hurt them. might remove some of the built up carbon on the seals and may cause them to leak, but could also free them up if carbon buid up is stopping them from sealing correctly.