Engine leaking after clutch change??

simon-GT

Fresh Recruit
Right! So on Saturday, I went to get my clutch changed (CAP) and it feels much better than before. The pedal even feels lighter than the standard clutch, dunno if that is how it is meant to be.

But anyway, I got the car back and on the report, it said that there was a bad oil leak. Before I got it done, it was not leaking! I thought that the mechanic might of thought there was an oil leak due there being some oil on the engine guards where previously I did not screw the oil filter on properly during a filter change.

Got home, parked up for about 30 mins and then I see a puddle of oil under my car. I tried to screw the oil filter on tighter, but it is still leaking. I don't know how they could of caused it, unless it is not engine oil and is gearbox oil or something like that and they didn't screw it back on properly? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Gtstu

Member +
what colour is the oil? can you look underneath to see where its coming from?and how big is the puddle ? check your engine oil level also

simon-GT

Fresh Recruit
The oil is black, my engine oil is lighter. Well, it just leaks from off the engine guards. Initially, the puddle was quite a lot, but now, there are only a few drops. So I guess it has almost all leaked out, but the engine oil is still at the same level, so its probably not engine oil.

Japsport85

Member +
I would recommend checkin engine oil and gearbox oil levels and making sure they are topped up, washing underside of engine and gearbox then run up to check for leaks.

Possibly driveshaft seals have been didturbed??

dan_ep82

Member +
could be gearbox oil leaking from the driveshaft seals as said above if not crankshaft seal is a possibility

simon-GT

Fresh Recruit
I would recommend checkin engine oil and gearbox oil levels and making sure they are topped up, washing underside of engine and gearbox then run up to check for leaks.

Possibly driveshaft seals have been didturbed??

Repped for that, thanks. Could someone tell me how to check and top up the gearbox oil please?

Idrees

Banned
I agree with Dan. Check both driveshaft rubber seals, they tend to rip easily when removing and fitting shafts.

dan_ep82

Member +
theres a oil fill hole in the front of the gearbox, like facing the rad, take the bung out if oil drips out its fine if not top up uptil it reaches hole