Engine Light/Car Having Tantrum Opinions?

danb87

South East England Area Rep
Hi guys,

was trying a diffrent ebc on my car today, afterward i removed an re fitted mine. then i went too drive an car started but sounded like it was misfiring but overfueling aswell.

its second time its happened, ive been for a drive an given it some beans too check the screamer was working an both times now the cars had this problem after. ive let it cool down etc after.

its strange as when you put the throttle down when its not revin ryt all black smoke comes out which indicates overfueling an its poping an banging etc. then after 30 mins it starts bit shetchy but clears itself.

any ideas what could be causing this too happen?

thanks

rep waiting :)

danb87

any error codes matey???
EML flash up at all????

sorry meant too state engine light come on today, didn happen before tho. only today. i didn kno how too do the diag check of top of me head. i know its te1 an.... lol but didn have the net too get on here down the garage.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
do diagnostic test mate and report back any error codes, think its t1 and te1 but daves got a guide on his part of forum under tmd....

Texx

Super Moderator
its strange as when you put the throttle down when its not revin ryt all black smoke comes out which indicates overfueling an its poping an banging etc. then after 30 mins it starts bit shetchy but clears itself.

Sounds like the symptoms of a faulty coolant temperature sensor.

danb87

right guys update time did the diagnostics, codes were - 14,22,24,31. ive looked up what they are, reset the light buy removing efi fuse, an then they cleared.

tonight whilst driving, car had a moment where engine light came on then went off?

any ideas.

how do i check these areas of faults. any advice

thanks

dan

dac69er

Super Moderator
did you leave the ground point off that bolts to the inlet manifold where the idle control valve is?

danb87

did you leave the ground point off that bolts to the inlet manifold where the idle control valve is?

sorry mate simplyfy lol ground point?

sorry earth that goes too the engine mount side?

Last edited:

Texx

Super Moderator
sorry mate simplyfy lol ground point?

icvbolt1.jpg

corofin12345

Member +
aftermarket earth wire id say dan

EDIT; lol its a screwdriver, looks like a wire at first glance.. who ever took the picture is just pointing out the earth point with a screw driver

danb87

aftermarket earth wire id say dan

EDIT; lol its a screwdriver, looks like a wire at first glance.. who ever took the picture is just pointing out the earth point with a screw driver

oops my bad does look like a cable at first glance lol, yea mine does have that fitted, ive got a spare connector down by the earth which i assume would have fitted too hi/lo solenoid?

thanks

dan