engine management light

Archer

Fresh Recruit
Hi

Iv'e just bought a 96 glanza v from here and have a few problems just wondering if someone can give me any advice. The car drives well and pulls good but the engine management light and abs light come on together. The engine oil is ok probably needs changing and coolant is full. Also in fifth gear when the car is doing around 80km/h and I put foot down is it normal to judder (turbo Iag I assume) as it gains speed. If I slowly push the pedal I don't experience this or when i drop gear.

Its only when I give it some the lights come on together. Brakes are not very sharp and need seeing to.

Thanks.

weeJohn

Lifer
Welcome to the site, sorry to hear of your woes with your new car. Most topics have been covered here before, there is the awesomely helpful section with lots of common problems listed and also there is the search function on the top right hand side of the screen. These will help you find the solution to your problems, hopefully you didnt pay to much for a car with as many problems as it has so have some money left over for repairs. Here is a link to the awesomely helpful section, engine diagnostics will help with your engine management light issue...

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?12-The-Awesomely-Helpful-Info-Section

Rev

Member +
Also judder changing to 5th can be associated with too much advance timing when gear changes what ecu do you have ?

Archer

Fresh Recruit
Everything is standard on the car except: 5 inch kakimoto catback exhaust, cone filter, sports exedy* clutch, dump valve, wheels and front lip. The rest is standard arcording to the seller. Or yeah the guy set the boost to 0.9 bar and said that's safe. On the gauge it doesn't go above 10psi ever. Giving it a service this weekend see if that helps. Oil is very black.