engine management light

jam35

Member +
right ive just finished fitting my new clutch taken it for a run all seems fine then on the way back i get an engine management light any ideas??thanks in advance

keya

Member +
Theres nt really any way of telling, any symptoms?

Get it read probs wnt cost much n ull no wat it is straight away

jam35

Member +
ok where exactly are the connections you have to bridge is it under the diagnostics cap???as you might of gatherd i havent got a clue about electrics....as for symptoms the car seems to drive fine and the eml goes of if you turn the ignition off...

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
yep under the diagnostics cap under the bonnet, on the passengers side of the car just above the top of the strut towards the wind screen

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
check to see the coolant temp sensor is connected properly, that'd throw an engine management light up if it wasn't connected properly and seeing as it's in the general area of the gearbox it's worth a look :)

jam35

Member +
would that be the grren one below the thermostat??how do i do diagnostics do i leave it runnig as when i switch the ignition off the light goes

jam35

Member +
right ive managed to retrieve the code it is 42 which is vss whatever that means the temp guage does not move what so ever any help appreciated thanks james
:(:(:(

jam35

Member +
thankyou people are they hard to fit or does it just push into the back of the speedo?also im taking it wont do any damage?:):):)