engine management light

my engine management light comes on after a fairly hard run, only started since i fitted my hks actuator last week. set it at 0.75 bar and it creeps upto 0.9 bar, mods are full apexi exhaust decat and airfilter.

anyone got any ideas what it could be? goes off after i turn off the car and start it again.

Mike_ep91

Member +
Sounds like fuel cut if it's boostin to 0.9 bar.Best thing to do is run a diagnostics test and see what fault codes you get.have a search and you'll see how it's done.

no, def aint fuel cut lads iv hit that once before and ino its not nice! when it hit fuel cut the gauge read 0.95 so def aint that

Sounds like fuel cut if it's boostin to 0.9 bar.Best thing to do is run a diagnostics test and see what fault codes you get.have a search and you'll see how it's done.

ya iv done one before and read no faults, goes off once the ignition is turned off and doent come back on untill givin it a bita boost usualy in 3rd or 4th gear

well mine is bypassed completlly after i fitted the actuator, might try a diagnostic and seen what comes up thank for the input anyways lads

Heggers

Lifer
yeah wasn't sure if you could. when it happened to me was at lowish revs in a higher gear trying to accelerate, hated it lol, only lasted one night with hi/low disabled

corofin12345

Member +
ya ino lad! better on high anyways. altough it shows ya how to do it on the hks instruction sheet but shows for the ep82

same turbo mate... do sur try a diagnostic and let us know.. all cars are dirrerent but the first thing id do id turn down the actuator cause this only seems 2 be happening since you put it on

Galen

Lifer
no, def aint fuel cut lads iv hit that once before and ino its not nice! when it hit fuel cut the gauge read 0.95 so def aint that

Do you have a fcd? Fuelcut is .85bar so you couldnt be reaching .95, your boost gauge may be inaccurate.
As said already adjust the actuator