engine management light

ollie454

Member +
my engine management light flashes on i stop the car start it again and i dnt come on for about anther 10 miles but the car is running fine
any ideas?

P5ycho

Member +
it means you have an error logged in the ecu, either you hit fuel cut at some point or something else is causing it to come up,
have you done an error check?
report back once you have done the test and we can determine the fix.
just a warning tho, I wouldnt boot the car too much if you are getting the error light show up, as it might be detrimental to the car,also a logged error will cause the car to drink more fuel and feel sluggish.. once you have cured the error and reset the ecu all should be well.

P5ycho

Member +
i did hit fuel cut once before the light come on but i havent hit it again

that error if you didnt clear it is probably still logged in the cu, and every time you start up it comes on to tell you there is a error stored in the ecu,
my gt4 works the same way

ollie454

Member +
i didnt clear it. im gonna clear it then see if i comes on again and go from there.do you only have to disconnect the battery?

P5ycho

Member +
i didnt clear it. im gonna clear it then see if i comes on again and go from there.do you only have to disconnect the battery?

you can remove the battery negative and leav it off for about 3 minutes, I usually leave it 5 minutes, or you can open the fuse box in engine bay and remove the 2x 15 amp fuses, marked ecu and efi.
your choice, simplar way is removing the negative lead and that asures you have reset the ecu.
once you have done the above, start the car up and see if the ecu light flashes up again, it shouldn't unless there is a issue somewhere,
take the car for a short spin and keep an eye out for the light, if it doesnt come up again , all is well