engine manegmant light at 2.5k rpm

94gtturbo

Member +
just wondering would anyone know what it could be? i thought it was an O2 sensor im not sure though the car seems fine other wise, whats the best way to bridge the connections on diagnostics thing?

dac69er

Super Moderator
at that rpm it sounds like ti could be the knock sensor.

as keiran has already posted, try the diagnostic test then you will know for sure

Mark-ep91

Member +
^^^ X2 SOUNDS LIKE KNOCK SENSOR

but do a dianositics test and see what it tells ya if its the knock sensor code it could be your timing so get that checked first before ya change the sensor

94gtturbo

Member +
howl on a minute lads, what does this mean, wht would cause this to go of?? ive had the car 6 months now but i havent been driving it, i just go out and start it etc and have had someone take it a run for me, i dont hear any knocking coming from the engine.

94gtturbo

Member +
well it is the knock sensor:(:( ive had no experience with these before, will it be the senor itself? higly unlikely im guessing, heres the deal the car has 2 different set of plugs and leads on the car, would this cause knock sensor to go of? i havent got around to replacing them as im not driving the car atol, what else could it be?
Timing?? air leaks? or could it be that the car has sat up so long?

help:eek: