Engine oil???

i found Shell Helix 10w40 a vry gd oil with frequent oil change. but depends on your climate and driving conditions too what oil to use

dac69er

Super Moderator
i use valvoline durablend semi synthetic 10-40 seems to do the job very well nd ive tried a lot of oils imo castrol is a waste of money!

why is it a waste of money? what are you basing your opinion? 90% of the people who say different oils are better than others probably wouldnt notice any difference between the best fully syn and some cheap mineral oil

madman

Member +
i know alot of people who think castrol is crap its just their personal opinion of how their car run's on it my car hated castrol but liked mobil if that makes any sense

dac69er

Super Moderator
i know alot of people who think castrol is crap its just their personal opinion of how their car run's on it my car hated castrol but liked mobil if that makes any sense

i think its all in the mind mate. i noticed no difference between the two.

dac69er

Super Moderator
im not being a cock, it just gives the wrong impression to people who dont know anything about oils as tbh most half reasonable semi synthetics will be plenty good enough for a stock-mildly modded starlet, castrol included.

admittedly using different grades or different makes may be beneficial if you have a more highly tuned starlet depending on the spec/use of the engine.

what exactly did your car not like about castrol? i have used castrol,halfords own brand,mobil and shell helix with a few different types of oil filter and found there to be no noticeable difference between them all.

i realise that when you break it all down there are oils that are better than others, but do the minimal benefits of the more expensive oils outweigh the extra cost?

madman

Member +
well its my opinion on castrol oil ur opinion is ur opinion im not arguying with you about it im just sayin he asked what oil to use and i answered him with my OPINION so he got it simples :) .... she was heavier on petrol and thats a FACT.