engine problem please help

ok so i just went out in the car but i now have another problem, when i drive the car normally its fine but when i get to 4000rpm the car missfires and makes a gurgling sound i also loose power, the car still boosts as normal to 4000rpm, ive notices the fuel injectors seem to be slightly louder ive checked all the oil/water and theres nothing loose. i think it could be fuel related, if someone could please shed some light on what it could be or how to fix it...

thanks Dean

stuart

Member +
engine management light come on?

I had a miss before when on WOT and my leads were knackered.

its running standard boost
with full exhaust system with decat
autobahn fmic
blitz sus induction
hks ssqv 1

thats it its not fuel cut because i hit fc easy and this is more of a misfiring,
if it helps on my mot it was said i needed to change my lamber sensor. ?? i havent changed it yet but it feels like there aint enough fuel being allowed through?

this happend all of a sudden btw

thanks Dean

Sean_GT

Member +
engine management light come on?

I had a miss before when on WOT and my leads were knackered.

Really it could just be the leads?

Mine does this it random one minute im driving and then engine managment light comes on and it seems to hold back and missfire

stuart

Member +
I got like missing when in 4th/5th when on full throttle, changed the king and leads and it sorted it, also plugs. :)

lingl9z

Member +
I got like missing when in 4th/5th when on full throttle, changed the king and leads and it sorted it, also plugs. :)

x2 Mine still does it at high RPM in 4th/5th somehow my magnecore leads have split at the boots, causing arching which gives a missfire!

thanks for all the help guys i decided to go out last night and it got worse and started misfiring from pulloff, it was reli hard to drive but fortunatly i had a spark plug spanner with me so checked all the leads and the 4th one nearest to the dizzy was reli wet and the end of the lead was a browny dusty colour. this spark plug was also soaked, put it all back together and it drove fine so looks like i need some new leeds and plugs,

thanks Dean