Engine Smoking

we3ley

Fresh Recruit
hey, my engine is smoking heavily atm out of the breather and chucking oil out heavily
does anyone have any reccomendations? or is it looking like a new engine job?
cheers wez

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
doesn't sound too good!

would suggest getting a compression test done asap to see if you have internal damage...

A172

Member +
exact same thing happened to me last week...

turned out to be cracked ringlands on 2 pistons...

rebuilding now.

we3ley

Fresh Recruit
so im guessin my local garage should eb able to sort that out? or maybe local toyota garage, cheers lads

andy.i

Member +
try and engineering company, one up here does engine.

garages are about £35 an hour up here, and toyota is about £85 i think?

EH@B

Member +
bad sign :(
u have somthing like this inside the engine

fe19b968.jpg

ff800142.jpg

we3ley

Fresh Recruit
all in all not looking too good, how much you looking at paying for that mate? so i no what to expect and how many tears to shed, cheers

we3ley

Fresh Recruit
well most are around £400quid without ancilleries, so not really, first thing compression test in the morning find out what cylinder, then i think engine will be on table haha

we3ley

Fresh Recruit
can anyone tell me what kind of pressur ei should be looking at for all cylinders, during compression test, cheers

stuart

Member +
Above 150 across all cylinders, with the stuff you described, I think piston 3 has cracked... were you running standard boost?

we3ley

Fresh Recruit
standard boost with the high boost on once every now and then, ive checked pistons 1 and 2, there coming up at 130 for both of them when car is cold, just gotta take intercooler off to get to 3 and 4. i think i can feel a slight drop in performance aswell, cheers

hubbygt

Member +
itl probably be cylinder 3 that you will notice a huge drop in compression on mate :( been there myself not too long ago buddy