engine Swap Starlet 2e to 5EFE

RastaDada

Fresh Recruit
hi peeps,

currently Im doing an engine swap from 2E to 5EFE my question is or what i need help for is the wiring

i wanna know if i need the complete Harnas for the swap to be successful or only the engine harnas and teh ECU....
some people told me i need to change the Dashboard and the complete harnas inside the car also

5e colin

Member +
wel mate is yours carburetor or injection if it is injection use the 2e electronica and sensers like de dizzy etc etc !!!!!! and adjust the wiring a smal bit in the bay after use a fpr and a wideband to get her near where u want it :)

otherwise very big swap like looms etc etc

RastaDada

Fresh Recruit
wel mate is yours carburetor or injection if it is injection use the 2e electronica and sensers like de dizzy etc etc !!!!!! and adjust the wiring a smal bit in the bay after use a fpr and a wideband to get her near where u want it :)

otherwise very big swap like looms etc etc

the 2E was carb the 5EFE is injection......

elison

Member +
If the 5E comes with everything on it like the fusebox and the ignition system and the main engine loom is mostly uncut, than in could be a very easy job. Done a 2e to 4efte conv in a 1997 toyota tercel. The loom was kn pretty good shape. Only had to provide the 12v and the ground for the ecu. And splice 3 or 4 sensors in the 2e loom.

RastaDada

Fresh Recruit
Just did the engine Bay loom....the hastle now is the dashboard loom

engine/drivetrain: have to fix my 2E flywheel to make it fit on the engine so i can use my old 2E gearbox

have on question about the loom should i use the Tercel dashboard and engine start switch ??

5e colin

Member +
2e fly will not bolt to 5e

al the gearboxes of the e sieries engines fit onto 1 and other there is no problem there !!! best to keep 5e fly and clutsh on the 5e engine and fit any box u want

elison

Member +
2E flywheel will not fit on the 5E crank as colin said. The 3EE flywheel will fit the 5E but is very rare to find. Its better to keep the 5E flywheel and clutch. They do work with the 2E gearbox.

RastaDada

Fresh Recruit
just rebored the 2E flywheel all fits....
1939777_10152357975858383_978955159_n.jpg

the problem i am having is the wiring of the dashboard.... engine start switch the temp the tachomete alll those seems not to fit on the old starlet dash

5e colin

Member +
^^^^ i want that complete head :)

you will have to trace the pinouts back on the clock and hardwire them in

mate u need to get that fly rebalanced now do not fit it without a rebalance if it destroys itselve you could lose a limb ore worse

RastaDada

Fresh Recruit
yes got it re-balanced and all mechanically all is done... its the electrical part that holding the project down......

i was only needing help on the dashboard information.... if any one hade a diagram or something so i could know which pin is for what would be of great assistance.

after that i also was wondering which piggy bank (fuel management system) can be used on this 5EFE

not looking to spend a lot of $ just want something to give more fuel and have fun.

RastaDada

Fresh Recruit
encountering problems when running full throttle..... engine does not make full power..... is it the Oxygen sensor on the exhaust?

i have 2 one on the manifold and one on the exhaust pipe. i know for sure the one on the exhaust manifold was not plugged in when it was in the tercel.

do i really need these sensors to make it work or is there a workaround?

elison

Member +
Get it on the rollers to see if its running rich or lean. Check the timing. And use recommended sp plugs.

RastaDada

Fresh Recruit
found the bug my assy,vacuum sensor line was broken... its a small behind the intake manifold.

project 95% done ill post pictures soon.

just need to do the interior wiring

5e colin

Member +
encountering problems when running full throttle..... engine does not make full power..... is it the Oxygen sensor on the exhaust?

i have 2 one on the manifold and one on the exhaust pipe. i know for sure the one on the exhaust manifold was not plugged in when it was in the tercel.

do i really need these sensors to make it work or is there a workaround?

yes mate nr1 senser is the o2 you nead this for ecu !!!!!!! nr2 sensor is just a lambda senser its useless does not have to be connected makes no change in the running of engine