ep*5 owners advise wanted

_shaun_

Member +
hey guys tempted by a 4paw again but wanting to get peoples option who actauly own them id be looking to run 350+bhp forged 5e, standalone ecu blah blah blah. anyone got any input or advise? i gota few questions aswell

1.what parts are the same in the drivetrain between the ep91 and 95?( gearbox internals,driveshafts,cv joints??)
2.whats the most power ran on a 4paw?
3.what parts are not readily avalible for the 4paw
4.what parts have people broke?
5.whats the gear ratio like? how short is first actauly?
6.how well suited is the 4paw for drag racing?
7.what would be the top speed roughly
8.what aftermarket parts are there for the 4paw? (anti-lift kits,front arb,rear arb,panhard rod,poly bushes?)

any help be great

cheers shaun

weeJohn

Lifer
1. Basically them all.
2. 350 I think
3. Toyota have them all if you are willing to pay.
4. Rear diffs, driveshafts, viscous couplings have all gone, whether that is through bad maintenance you need to ask the owners.
5. I changed 1st out for a GT first, its not much use with that sort of power.
6. It will run out of gears about 125 mph at the stock rev limit, means you are in 5th over the line. Launches well but its no Evo.
7. 125 mph on the stock rev limit.
8. Meister do coilovers, some bushes from the GT are compatable. Handles pretty well with decent stock shocks and lowering springs.

Ted

Member +
Gotta open the box and strip it down. Do synchros while you're there. I paid 350 to get mine done.

weeJohn

Lifer
You could put a full GT set in there if you wanted, looses some of its punch on acceleration if you do but.

_shaun_

Member +
ill be going up to the drag strip quite alot so my main thing is having the gears set as best as possible for that will be a 5e with a godzilla turbo kit so unsure what the best set up would be realy

weeJohn

Lifer
You may run out of gears on the strip with that set up, either the Gt first gear and final drive or all the GT gears would give you more.