Ep71 Conversion.

Simow

Fresh Recruit
Well lads, newbie here i only joined up recently. Im putting a GT engine into a EP71 staret. I was just wondering has anyone here ever done this conversion and what was involved? Or if any of ye have any information about anyhting conserning this conversion. I took the engine out the EP71 this evening and it was a piece of piss. the only things thats really conserning me is the wiring in the EP71 to facilitate the GT's engine! Any replys greatly appreciated.

350ep70gr

Member +
I put a 4e-fte engine to an ep71 at the past with no hard issues. The engine is directly bolt.The only problem is the back gearbox mount. (i fabricate one by my own). The other problem is that you need an external fuel pump or use a gt tank with intank pump. I use all the wiring from a gt and dash also so i had no problems about wiring.

http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=81ga3.jpg

If you need any detail as you make the installation let me know and if possible i will try to help. (i like to see more people with ep71 and turbo...!!!

Simow

Fresh Recruit
wow that car is a credit to you!! does the dash from the gt go in easy enough?? thanks for the reply!

350ep70gr

Member +
;)
wow that car is a credit to you!! does the dash from the gt go in easy enough?? thanks for the reply!

I use only the dash with the clocks of the ep82 and the dashbord from the ep71 because my stiring was the other way than a ep82. Over the clocks of the ep71 has a cover and this is the only thing that you have to modify. An easyer way is to cut the half gt dashboard and fix it with the half ep71 dashboard. This way is easyer but need some skills to be bautifull...!!!!

Simow

Fresh Recruit
DSCF0004.jpg

ta da!!!! havent even started wiring it because im just so confused i dont know where to start! help!:(

Enrico

Fresh Recruit
my ep70 conversion pics

here are some pics of m conversion, i use my ep70 fuesed box and just wired the ep82 engine harness up to the it. i am using and Ep82 Walbro 255 intake fuel pump.
engineshot2.jpg
[/IMG]

frontcar5.jpg
[/IMG]
FrontShot.jpg
[/IMG]