ep82 back fire on acceleration

baconfrys

Member +
as above really, just fitted uprated turbo and hks fcd, on hard acceleration she bangs like a back fire and pops almost like a misfire just changed my boxers now any help welcome :p

dac69er

Super Moderator
is it just when your hard on boost? did you get the fuelling checked? what are your ignition components like condition and age wise? what spark plug gap are you running?

baconfrys

Member +
yes only when kaining it at hi boost, ermm fueling....no tuner not open till monday to see when i can get it checked. i have raised fuel pressure to 3bar atm. blue leads good condition just fitted genuine plugs but never crossed my mind to gap them?

dac69er

Super Moderator
what about your distributor cap and rotor arm? if you have just put a fcd on and not got the fuelling checked properly, it could just be under or overfuelling.
if you got standard plugs they are pregapped so should be ok. what was the code on them?

baconfrys

Member +
pass mate i just through out boxes i will try it with more fuel then less see what helps. rotor and dizzy cap i have just cleaned out with wd40 as i washed under bonnet and was misfiring at low revs but thats cleared now

dac69er

Super Moderator
but what condition are they in? how many miles have they covered? the wd40 could be causing the problem if you sprayed alot in there

clean the dizzy cap, my mate washed all his engine down and the damp in the cap made it misfire. i rememba when mine started to misfire because of a dodgy coil wire and started to bang like mad n i hapend to pass a parked up police car an all when it started kikin off, good times lol