ep82 body panels removal and refit

fiddlersport

Fresh Recruit
Hi

will be removing the body panles on the ep soon, just stripped another ep and noticed the bodykit was attached in a few places with double sided tape like stuff i think, white tape ?

how to reattach the bodykit once removed and what is that tape used.

will be looking out for the rust that usually occurs on the metal part which holds the clip on the rear bottom kit.

just general rust treatment will do the job ?

davehart

Member +
I cam imagine that tape will be the same stuff people use for number plates. B&Q sell double sided strips. Not very secure though if you run over bumps or knock it though I can imagine.

For rusty bits, I'd sand it all down, prime it and re-paint it with some good paint to stop it coming back. Those side brackets on mine were rusted through and had to find some replacements which took a while.

For some bits on the underside I use molyx grease and lather the stuff on, it does a good job at preventing rust from building up. I've used it on my fuel pipe at the back and it's kept the rust away for two winters now.

fiddlersport

Fresh Recruit
Have used double sided tape before on number plates but the stuff toyota used seems to do a good job.

I have a spare bodykit which isnt too bad but first i will remove and re-use the best one. aim is to remove the body kit, check for corrosion and treat the bodykit (metal parts ) and re-assemble

would like to use the genuine tape if its available, have a feeling the double sided tape wont do the job but may try one body part and take it from there

thanks for the advice