Ep82 moving the parking lights to front indicators

93starletgt

Member +
Hello, I hate the "parking" lights on the EP82 (that little weak 194 bulb inside the headlamp).

I was wondering if I could replace the 1156 single filament bulb and socket on the fornt indicators lights for a 1157 double filament socket and bulb, and then run a wire from the 194 parking light socket to the extra connector on the new 1157 socket on the indicator, that way I could have both the parking lights and indicator signal light on a single bulb, inside the front indicators... has anybody tried it yet? it should be as simple as that right?

I took a picture with the emergency signal lights on riight when they where on, so that I would know how my EP82 would look with the regular lights on, when my little project of moving the parking light is finished.

I think it looks better this way! what do you guys think?

2009-09-22_192327.jpg

2009-09-22_192312.jpg

Last edited:

monka

Member +
Yeah I like it personally, and was going to do it to mine, although was going to have the feed going to the indicator as well as the sidelight, but have it going through a relay that is switched by the indicator feed, so that it is on, but flashes off when the indicators are used