ep82 question

GT-POWER

Fresh Recruit
hello people:)iam a new member from cyprus,my name is pampos and i have also toyota starlet gt and i need to ask something because i have already started to buy things for my car, so i need some informations about them: i would like to ask you something about my car: in my car i have:ported and Polished head,
filter, i have a 2.7 inches exhaust from the turbo downwards, maniford,outlet pipe,APEXi VAFC and boost control...i want to ask on what boost (bar) can i safely work the car's turbo?

gv1.3

Admin
a lot of people say that a little over 1 bar the turbo becomes very inefficient because of its size and you will end up blowing hot air.

If you have gone through the expense of getting head work done would you not consider going for a larger turbo such as the Td04?

GT-POWER

Fresh Recruit
you know better :) with all the stuff i mentioned i did on the car, with it's stock turbo and pistons, what boost (bar) can i work then?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
yes stock man

To be safe .8bar on the stock TMIC, if you get a front mount intercooler you could set it at 1bar with a good map and an FCD.

But for now .8bar or just under fuel cut. If you exceed fuel cut you'll need a fuel cut defender or piggyback,standalone ecu that incorporates this function and a map + fmic to keep the temps down

GT-POWER

Fresh Recruit
ok man thnx a lot...i like to have intercooler but to cyprus (my country) the car who have conversions the police it take it inside to the station :)and with my car iam careful to the roads for the police...but i work .8 for safe

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
ok man thnx a lot...i like to have intercooler but to cyprus (my country) the car who have conversions the police it take it inside to the station :)and with my car iam careful to the roads for the police...but i work .8 for safe

.8 bar is the general area of fuel cut,but not exact. .If it does hit fuel cut (can be lick hitting a wall or just a slight hesitation at full boost depending on how hard you hit it) then just lower the boost a bit i.e under fuel cut

gv1.3

Admin
you could always get an RX7 or ARC intercooler to replace the stock top mounted IC. The police wouldnt know the difference as it goes in the same place.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
you could always get an RX7 or ARC intercooler to replace the stock top mounted IC. The police wouldnt know the difference as it goes in the same place.

Should've thought of that considering i have an RX7 tmic