EP82 Rear Calipers!!!

EP82-Elphick

Fresh Recruit
was just wondering if it was a common occurance for the rear calipers to seize up. NSR disc covered in rust so assuming calipers seized. just wanted to know if its a common thing and worth me freeing it up or just investing in a new caliper?????
cheers
Jason

dac69er

Super Moderator
very common mate. if you know what to do then you can rebuild them yourself relatively easily.
or just get a reckon caliper.

JayEP82

Member +
ive just brought a rear caliper seal kit for mine £30 for both sides!! (with staff discount though) bargain:p

allpr0h

Member +
damn

where can i get some rear calipers for the ep82 ??
im in canada and hell, its impossible to find as far as i can say..

any of you could give me a site maybe where they ship to canada or some clue on where to find some

thanks

Monkfish

Member +
Check the handbrake cables before you start sourcing calipers. I had an absolute mare trying to get The Bitch through her MOT, she kept failing on the OSR parking brake being well under minimum requirements (16% of the weight of the car applied across both wheels. About 140kg's for the GT) at 30kgs. The nearside pulled 120 on its own. I changed the OS handbrake cable and that cured the problem, both sides now pull 120kgs.

Cables are £50 a shot from Toyota. Take it off and check the condition of the seals. If they're perished and it looks like the cable is going rusty or a lot of water pours out of them, they're mostly fucked.