EP82 Seat Rail Stiffness

Hi, I have two front seats that I want to put up for sale. Whilst I was checking them over and taking pics I noticed that:

1) The outer rail of the drivers seat seems quite loose

2) The outer rail of the passenger seat seems a bit stiff.

Roughly how stiff should they be? and how much will the stiffness affect the chairs use? Without a car to put them in its a bit difficult to say.

Thanks.

dac69er

Super Moderator
On the mk1s the seat rails are only sprung one side. That means one side flops about like a saggy ballsack and the other side has resistance pulling it back from the spring. In position it does the trick fine. Are yours actually stiff or does it want to spring back ?

haha. Thanks for the feedback.

With the seats sat on their backs, the rail without a spring slides down a bit, but has to be pushed to go all the way down, with little resistance - so this sounds like its not overly loose.

The rail with the spring seems to jerk a bit every inch or so on the way down. When I take the spring off it doesn't slide down like the other, so I'm thinking the wheels might be a bit rusty? Looking at the pic above, the underside of the passenger seat is a bit more rusted than the other.