EP91 engine wont start

Kris

Fresh Recruit
Hi, I'm putting a 4efte out of an ep91 starlet gt into a mini but i cant get it to run. I've got the engine loom for it and the ecu which i plugged in and put all plugs onto all the sensors on the engine and the map sensor. There are a few plugs left over which i don't know what they do. I put power to the ecu and tried cranking the starter but theres no spark or injection. I havn't got an alternator on it and theres no coolant in it which could be to do with it. If anyones got any ideas why its not doing the business or if i'm missing anything please let me know.

Texx

Super Moderator
Have you grounded the ignition coil igniter? The igniter is fixed to a bracket and bolted to the bulkhead in a Starlet, the ground connection is made through this bracket. If the igniter isn't grounded there won't be any spark coming from the coil. It could be worth checking for fault codes just in the off chance the ECU flags up something remotely useful.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showwiki.php?title=EFI+self-diagnosis+system

If you don't have any kind of check engine light wired up, then just connect a 12v 5w bulb between terminals +B and W in the diagnostic port and it will do the same job as the light on the dash of a Starlet.

weeJohn

Lifer
The black and red wire on the injectors and 2 pin plug coil connection needs 12 volts on it mate.