Ep91 for trackday use

Toyota T23

Member +
Hello guys...

Hope to get some info about what to buy, because not sure what i need..
Never built car for track, only 402m.
I am willing to spend 1200-1500 pounds.

Ofcourse good suspention, thougt about TEIN ?.
But what else do i need...

Thanks.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
lsd, uprated brakes(pads for sure), braided brake lines.
coilovers if u really want a out and out track set up, but shocks and springs are fine for me.
GOOD TYRES- r888 i reccomend.
and cooling mods, like front mount intercooler, oil cooler.
run good oil like silkolene for track sessions.

thers a little insight, but the list is endless.

but given ur budget i would focus on cooling and handling.

ive gone a bit over what i intended originaly for my track starbo, but i love it.lol

Toyota T23

Member +
I already have 355mm brakes.
Cooling and oilcooler is ok.

But there are many things, like Anti Roll Bar Drop Links/Powerflex Anti lift kit/Whiteline Adjustable Panhard Rod Kit/Whiteline Anti-Lift/Castor Kit/Whiteline Camber Adjustable Bolt Kit/Whiteline Drop Links/Whiteline Heavy Duty Adjustable Rear Sway Bar/Whiteline Heavy Duty Front Sway Bar MODEL: 24mm/

Do i need it all.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
to be honest mate, rear anti roll bar would advise you to get.
and upgradint to powerflex mounts cant do you no harm.
all the bits u listed are useful, but not essentially needed if your budget tight mate.

if cooling is fine, then focus on suspension.
get the geometry set up to match your style and car.
get grippy tyres for track, and a lsd and your have a very decent handling starlet mate

weeJohn

Lifer
Get the biggest radiator in you possibly can. Every EP (82, 85, 91 and EE101 with a 4EFTE engine fitted) I have took on the track suffers from overheating in the water system.

They seem to prefer softer shocks to ride the curbs from previous set ups I have tried. Go for race spec tyres as well, the difference in them and road tyres when warmed up is like night and day.

Toyota T23

Member +
Get the biggest radiator in you possibly can. Every EP (82, 85, 91 and EE101 with a 4EFTE engine fitted) I have took on the track suffers from overheating in the water system.

They seem to prefer softer shocks to ride the curbs from previous set ups I have tried. Go for race spec tyres as well, the difference in them and road tyres when warmed up is like night and day.

So you think just some good springs, instead of TEIN suspention ?..

Thanks guys..

durmz

Member +
In my opinion, for that budget, budget coilys, rear arb, some good hot running brake pads like yellow stuff and an oil cooler

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
i would say no budget coilies,
get a proper brand like bc etc, but as said previous if u get good shocks and springs shud be just fine.
rear arb is something u should look into getting.
yeloowstuff are great for track i use them and no worries.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
depending wat type of bc u get mate.
but there are many brands in europe that are for the starlet shell that are crap compared to bc's in terms of longevity and track tuning.
if do go coilies, get a pillowball mount.
on the cooling side, run good oil and the cooler.

Toyota T23

Member +
Well got good cooler, and oilcooler...
Also got big brake kit.

So for start, i will get anti rool bar for rear, and good coilover, think i will go for TEIN, and then se what happends.
I can always get some more stuff :)
Thanks..

weeJohn

Lifer
You will need a big budget to run R888`s, we use part worn race tyres found at the track and £60 lowering springs on standard shocks.

Apart from the kit cars and the Elises, we tend to lose most cars round the corners so it works for us lol