EP91 Performance/Service Suggestions?

G-Ride

Fresh Recruit
Hi, I have a very fresh 4EFTE engine. Timing belt was done 10k ago and she is at 190k kilometers. The turbo is in good shape and there isnt a screed of smoke coming out the exhaust :eek:

Ive had the car about a month now and Im gonna give her a good service tomorrow. I got new oil/filter, plugs and gasket sealer for the sump. Im going to get a new rocker cover gasket,new nuts and rubber washers for the rocker cover + a paint job when she is off. Perhaps a new PVC valve as well.

The only mods on this car is some sort of jap back box, fmic and hks ssqv bov.
Im Planning on getting a cat back exhaust, decat, mani, adjustable actuator, RSM, apexi neo. Any other mod suggestions? Handling can f*ck off till another day lol

I want her running as sweet as a nut :p Is there anything else I can go to spruce up the engine? Like clean connections or replace any sensors ect etc... I just want the engine running as fresh as possible before I start modding the sack outta it ;)

AdamB

Member +
The handling can save your life, why would you spend money else where?
The stock brakes are poor at best, that would be the first place to work on.
Then anti roll bars are cheap and make a hell of a difference.

new pads all round and good lowering springs would be a good start also, keep in mind to keep the oil and filter changed every 5000km as its the life of it

dac69er

Super Moderator
If your leaving the handling then your first mod would be to buy a tow truck to drag you out of the ditch you will end up in. The handling is not good as standard. If you go faster, it really isn't up to scratch!

Does your sump leak? I wouldn't bother re-sealing it for no reason!!!

G-Ride

Fresh Recruit
Calm down folks I know the importance of handling lol Its has 40mm cobra springs and new PADS all around... Thats why i said performance and servicing, as I want my engine running as healthy as possible, and that is why i was asking for your input!

The handling leaves much to the imagination but I already have plans of getting coil overs, uprated anti roll bar and eagle F1 tyres all around, and yes my sump does leak. Why in the name of god would I take off a perfectly sealed sump? just to reseal it???? lol

I really should have been more descriptive from the beginning :homer:

in that case a good quality 10w40 semi syn oil and a oil filter, fuel filter, iridium plugs, maybe dizzy cap and rotor arm (toyota items) and the oil regularly changed will see you good! eagle f1 are good tires also :)

G-Ride

Fresh Recruit
Thanks starletburkie, Iv done everything you mentioned only yesterday and she is running a sweet as cold be :D ill prob get f1's next month as my tires are about 90% thread, but there all random dirt brands lol

Word to the wise, steer clear of Chinese tires LOL