Error Code 12

nyahbingi

Member +
My car is overfueling like a bitch. Did s SD and got error code 12 - Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I have changed the distributor cap, the rotor. No luck. How would i know if my ECU is the problem?

error code 12 - No RPM,TDC Signal

carbon

Member +
according to diagnostics
12-fault rpm signal-
reason-no rpm tdc signal
component-distributor/amplifier/starter circuit

Dave.

Member +
He knows that already lol :)

He has another topic with this information in it. Have you tried replacing the coil pack as suggested?

Dave

nyahbingi

Member +
I have changed th coilpack but the one i got was fro ma newer model starlet and has a different part no should that matter?

Dave who's weeJohns?

nyahbingi

Member +
Well I tried another ECU and doing the same thing. The RPM Needle just goes crazy and jumpes all about the place and sometimes goes to zero, but the car is still running and then after a couple seconds the needle reads normal or the car cuts off one out of the two.

weeJohn

Lifer
The rpm signal comes from the coil pack, I would say it could be a fault there or the wiring from it. The coil pack needs a good connection to the body to work properly, check it is clean behind the bolts and on tightly.

The later coil pack you got, if its from another EP82 the only difference should be a locating spud on the outside of the connection will be in the wrong place, cut it off if it is, it will do the same job.

I have seen funny tacho readings and bad idle from a poorly earthed coil before. Hope this helps you out.