error codes 22, 52?

pig666eon

Member +
being trying to get a ep91 running since throwing the engine in

the car is starting hitting 1400 cold start and drops down to 1000 within 10 secs, then once it hits 1000 its splutters out. if i disconnect the map sensor pipe from the mani it doesnt cut out. ive replaced the map sensor for another one but its the exact same

there was a few other issue but they have been sorted, done a diag on her yesterday throwing up code 22 go i got a replacement sensor and just threw it in. 22 is still there along now with 52 today

anybody have any experiences with this and could shed some light on it? im still out messing around hopefully ill get to the bottom of it but if someone could get me there a bit faster it would be appreciated

i could get a vid up im sure if it would be helpfull

matt walters

Member +
I had 22 and 52 on mine when i put it in. if i remember right.

one of them is 'engine running rich or lean" and the other is knock sensor? If that's right i changed knock sensor but did nothing about the other one and once i re set the ecu all faults where clear.

Is the ignition timing ok? Could maybe advance it slightly just to get it running for a start and see if there are any obvious faults?

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Check the connections to the Coolant Temp Sensor if you know it is a good sensor, thats 22.

52 is knock sensor, again check the plug/wiring and if ok then look to replace the sensor.

Reset the codes and see how you get on.

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

pig666eon

Member +
cheers lads for the reply

a little more history on it, its a 96 spec ep91 engine into a 98 shell. everything was fine bar the temp sensor the 96 spec was a 2 wire clip and the 98 loom it was a 3 wire clip. i picked up a 98 sensor and changed it over for the 96 spec one so everything was spot on if you get me. i am using a 96 spec ecu in the 98 loom but i dont think it would be a issue? as said the 98 loom has a 3 pin clip i wonder if that has something to do with it? the ecu might not be able read the signal as it was only controlling a 2 pin clip?

engine is spot on aswell came out of a running car and the engine only got a overhaul about 3 months before it was parked up with very little miles done since it was done

tbh it sounds like its flooding itself, could the temp sensor be doing this with it always in cold start mode if you get me and its just letting too much fuel in even when it starts to drop in revs ect

im going to reset the codes tomorrow anyway ill see what i can get done tomorrow