ever tried a TVIS intake from 5e to 4efte??

ariff

Fresh Recruit
just wonderin whether anyone ever tried this...
wats da difference if there is any or is it just a waste of time,
and another question... i've heard that 5e cams are quite usefull on 4e heads..true??

thx in advance....

G6Turbo

Member +
from the 5E its not a T-vis system, thats from a 4A-GE engine...
U mean the quad runner intake from the 5E perhaps? Thats called a ACIS inlet mani...
Its has some advantages but its very very hard too control it, u wil have go go for a good piggy back or standalone ECU

and i believe that 5E and 4E cams are the same :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
U mean the quad runner intake from the 5E perhaps? Thats called a ACIS inlet mani...
Its has some advantages but its very very hard too control it, u wil have go go for a good piggy back or standalone ECU

im sure it cant be that hard to control. it will either be vacuum or actuator controlled. if its vacuum you just need to regulate it correctly. if its actuator control you need something to switch at a set rpm.

hardcoreep

Member +
im sure it cant be that hard to control. it will either be vacuum or actuator controlled. if its vacuum you just need to regulate it correctly. if its actuator control you need something to switch at a set rpm.

Its controlled by a calculated matrix in the ECU.

Harvey

Member +
As G6 says the 5E cams are the same as the 4E ones. Its only the 5EFHE cams that are different. Mind you isnt it only the 5EFHE that has ACIS too?

Im sure you could set up the ACIS just to switch over easy enough at a set RPM like TVIS does. Would just mean running 2 set ups on a RR, one with the short runners, one with the long runners and find the ideal changover point.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Its controlled by a calculated matrix in the ECU.

why make it sound harder than it is. in the 5efhe engine it probably is controlled by a predetermined map based on more than one variable but it could easily be controlled by a simple switch type setup running off boost pressure, throttle postion or rpm.

from what i understand its actuator controlled with a solenoid cutoff when fitted to the 5efhe or other engine using acis.

seems a pointless mod on a turbo car if you ask me.

hardcoreep

Member +
why make it sound harder than it is. in the 5efhe engine it probably is controlled by a predetermined map based on more than one variable but it could easily be controlled by a simple switch type setup running off boost pressure, throttle postion or rpm.

from what i understand its actuator controlled with a solenoid cutoff when fitted to the 5efhe or other engine using acis.

seems a pointless mod on a turbo car if you ask me.
This topic has been done to death, but bajanchameleon proved the theory already. You can use a single trigger, but it won't be effective. He did a test with either runner engaged and then a crossover. The crossover, using a EMU matrix, gave the best powerband. The ACIS manifold can boost top-end/low-end power and cut the lag normally associated with aggressive cams and/or big turbochargers.

ariff

Fresh Recruit

oh yeah...sorry bro....currently runnin on a standalone...

ariff

Fresh Recruit

sorry bro.....don really get da part where i'm suppose to switch at a set rpm???blurrrrrrr.................:confused::confused::confused:

ariff

Fresh Recruit
As G6 says the 5E cams are the same as the 4E ones. Its only the 5EFHE cams that are different. Mind you isnt it only the 5EFHE that has ACIS too?

Im sure you could set up the ACIS just to switch over easy enough at a set RPM like TVIS does. Would just mean running 2 set ups on a RR, one with the short runners, one with the long runners and find the ideal changover point.

This topic has been done to death, but bajanchameleon proved the theory already. You can use a single trigger, but it won't be effective. He did a test with either runner engaged and then a crossover. The crossover, using a EMU matrix, gave the best powerband. The ACIS manifold can boost top-end/low-end power and cut the lag normally associated with aggressive cams and/or big turbochargers.

alright guys...thanks for da advice, coz i jus found a 5e engine,layin around in one of my frens shop(2nd hand engines n such) am not sure whether its a 5efe or 5efhe..didnt notice it, all i know is tat it has a ACIS intake...and BTW 5efhe cams are good??? and how would we know whether its 5efe or 5efhe, do we jus look at da engine number on the block???